*It’s not even close to being on the same scale as President Obama and Congressional leaders working out a deal to end the Fiscal Cliff crisis, but in Miami a compromise has been reached between a Miami Heat superstar’s mother and a hotel employee.
Lebron James‘ mama, Gloria, has agreed to settle a lawsuit brought against her by Rockfeller Sorel a valet she slapped because he didn’t bring her car fast enough, Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra is reporting
The terms of the settlement were not disclosed, although a source familiar with the case said Gloria James will be paying the now ex-Fontainebleau Miami Beach valet for his trouble.
According to the lawsuit, Sorel claimed to be emotionally scarred because of the national attention brought on him by the case.
Neither Chris Lyons, Gloria’s lawyer, nor Bob Stok, Sorel’s, commented.
The lawsuit was filed nearly two years ago, in the wake of the incident that had Gloria James arrested for battery and disorderly intoxication.
The first charge was dropped and she was sentenced to community service for the second. That had Stok holler that prosecutors did not seek jail for Gloria because of her NBA-leading son.
On the civil front, things were tense, too. At one point, Gloria James was ordered to return to Miami on a private jet two days before a hearing to make sure she’d show up.
There’s more … at Gossip Extra.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here