*OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network’s docu-series “Our America with Lisa Ling” returns Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 10 p.m. ET/PT with eight new one-hour episodes.
The award-winning journalist and author offers an in-depth examination of life in America and its complex subcultures.
This season, the topics range from Americans whose sexual proclivities fall outside the mainstream to the obesity crisis in the U.S., to our nation’s growing senior population.
Upcoming new episodes include:
“Shades of Kink” (Premiere Episode – Tuesday, January 22) – Ling goes beyond the fictional book Fifty Shades of Grey to explore the very real world of bondage, discipline and sadomasochism. (Scroll down to watch the first five minutes of this episode.)
“Generation XXL”(Tuesday, January 29) – Taking a journey to the American South, the epicenter of our nation’s obesity crisis, Ling meets children and families faced with a health crisis as they try to lose weight and live healthier lives.
“The Secret Lives of Seniors” (Tuesday, February 5) – Ling tries to help her own father navigate the challenges of aging while also exploring a graying American population who are speed dating, having sex and breaking track records, among other things.
“3 AM Girls – Breaking News” (Tuesday, February 12) – In an episode update, Ling returns to the streetsof Washington, D.C. to see how two young women who were caught up in the shadowy underworld of domestic human sex trafficking are faring, and to catch up with the crusaders who risked their lives to secure their safety.
Additional episodes this seasons include: Ling’s examination of polyamorous households who prefer multiple partners over monogamy; an inside look at a radical new religious movement; a look at two cases of child abuse and a troubling pattern of inaction that is failing to protect young people; and an unforgettable exploration of loyalty and love, as Ling meets with family members whose relatives have committed unimaginable crimes.
Lisa Ling goes beyond the best-selling fantasy novel, Fifty Shades of Grey, to explore the real world of BDSM: bondage and discipline, dominance and submission, and sado-masochism. What she finds is a kinky truth far more complicated than fiction.
Watch the first 5 minutes of the season premiere before its television debut, then, tune in for the premiere of Our America with Lisa Ling on Tuesday, January 22nd at 10/9c, only on OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here