*An incarcerated North Carolina man who was shot in a 2011 incident with rapper Waka Flocka Flame’s security has been awarded $501,000 in compensation.
Antonio Stukes was shot in February, 2011 when the hip-hop star’s bodyguards allegedly opened fire on him and his pals outside a store in Charlotte after reportedly believing they were about to be robbed.
Stukes filed suit against Waka Flocka Flame’s management firm, Mizay Entertainment, over the incident and a judge has since ruled in his favour, awarding him punitive damages too.
His lawyer, Adam Seifer, says, “The jury came down in our favour and really hit them hard. The facts that were in the evidence showed they essentially shot at my client without provocation.”
Stukes is serving time for charges relating to a robbery in Charlotte last month (Nov12).
Six men were arrested following the shooting, but no charges were filed due to a lack of evidence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here