*An incarcerated North Carolina man who was shot in a 2011 incident with rapper Waka Flocka Flame’s security has been awarded $501,000 in compensation.
Antonio Stukes was shot in February, 2011 when the hip-hop star’s bodyguards allegedly opened fire on him and his pals outside a store in Charlotte after reportedly believing they were about to be robbed.
Stukes filed suit against Waka Flocka Flame’s management firm, Mizay Entertainment, over the incident and a judge has since ruled in his favour, awarding him punitive damages too.
His lawyer, Adam Seifer, says, “The jury came down in our favour and really hit them hard. The facts that were in the evidence showed they essentially shot at my client without provocation.”
Stukes is serving time for charges relating to a robbery in Charlotte last month (Nov12).
Six men were arrested following the shooting, but no charges were filed due to a lack of evidence.
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here