*An incarcerated North Carolina man who was shot in a 2011 incident with rapper Waka Flocka Flame’s security has been awarded $501,000 in compensation.
Antonio Stukes was shot in February, 2011 when the hip-hop star’s bodyguards allegedly opened fire on him and his pals outside a store in Charlotte after reportedly believing they were about to be robbed.
Stukes filed suit against Waka Flocka Flame’s management firm, Mizay Entertainment, over the incident and a judge has since ruled in his favour, awarding him punitive damages too.
His lawyer, Adam Seifer, says, “The jury came down in our favour and really hit them hard. The facts that were in the evidence showed they essentially shot at my client without provocation.”
Stukes is serving time for charges relating to a robbery in Charlotte last month (Nov12).
Six men were arrested following the shooting, but no charges were filed due to a lack of evidence.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here