*An incarcerated North Carolina man who was shot in a 2011 incident with rapper Waka Flocka Flame’s security has been awarded $501,000 in compensation.
Antonio Stukes was shot in February, 2011 when the hip-hop star’s bodyguards allegedly opened fire on him and his pals outside a store in Charlotte after reportedly believing they were about to be robbed.
Stukes filed suit against Waka Flocka Flame’s management firm, Mizay Entertainment, over the incident and a judge has since ruled in his favour, awarding him punitive damages too.
His lawyer, Adam Seifer, says, “The jury came down in our favour and really hit them hard. The facts that were in the evidence showed they essentially shot at my client without provocation.”
Stukes is serving time for charges relating to a robbery in Charlotte last month (Nov12).
Six men were arrested following the shooting, but no charges were filed due to a lack of evidence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here