*Marvin Gaye‘s son and Lenny Kravitz may be childhood friends, but it doesn’t mean the heir wants the rocker playing his father on the big screen.
In fact, Marvin Gaye III and his family members are against the project altogether, according to TMZ.com.
Kravitz will play Gaye in the biopic “Sexual Healing” (working title), which is said to follow the legend’s life in the 80s when he battled drug abuse and depression – up until his father shot and killed him in 1984.
Gaye III tells TMZ “The producers and directors of this film are very wrong and shameful … [They’re] trying to do a film about a low period in his life. They don’t even know the whole story.”
Marvin’s son says he and Kravitz were schoolmates and remain friends to this day, so he wants to “talk to him about why he would do this.”
Gaye III says he and other family members are meeting with lawyers to try to stop production, and added, “I would hope [Lenny] doesn’t have any idea that we are against this film being done.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here