*A couple of MJs got together and brought the house down at Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center on Saturday.
Mary J. Blige was one of two special guests who joined Mick Jagger on stage during the Rolling Stones’ first of three area shows marking the band’s 50th anniversary.
Reprising her role from the “50 & Counting” tour’s opening night in London last month, Blige handled vocals with Mick Jagger on the band’s classic track, “Gimme Shelter,” reports the blog Hennemusic.
Blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr. joined the Stones for “Going Down.” Noticeably absent from the first US date were former Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor, who played both UK concerts.
Watch video of the Mary J. Blige set below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here