*A couple of MJs got together and brought the house down at Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center on Saturday.
Mary J. Blige was one of two special guests who joined Mick Jagger on stage during the Rolling Stones’ first of three area shows marking the band’s 50th anniversary.
Reprising her role from the “50 & Counting” tour’s opening night in London last month, Blige handled vocals with Mick Jagger on the band’s classic track, “Gimme Shelter,” reports the blog Hennemusic.
Blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr. joined the Stones for “Going Down.” Noticeably absent from the first US date were former Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor, who played both UK concerts.
Watch video of the Mary J. Blige set below.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here