*A couple of MJs got together and brought the house down at Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center on Saturday.
Mary J. Blige was one of two special guests who joined Mick Jagger on stage during the Rolling Stones’ first of three area shows marking the band’s 50th anniversary.
Reprising her role from the “50 & Counting” tour’s opening night in London last month, Blige handled vocals with Mick Jagger on the band’s classic track, “Gimme Shelter,” reports the blog Hennemusic.
Blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr. joined the Stones for “Going Down.” Noticeably absent from the first US date were former Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor, who played both UK concerts.
Watch video of the Mary J. Blige set below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here