*A couple of MJs got together and brought the house down at Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center on Saturday.
Mary J. Blige was one of two special guests who joined Mick Jagger on stage during the Rolling Stones’ first of three area shows marking the band’s 50th anniversary.
Reprising her role from the “50 & Counting” tour’s opening night in London last month, Blige handled vocals with Mick Jagger on the band’s classic track, “Gimme Shelter,” reports the blog Hennemusic.
Blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr. joined the Stones for “Going Down.” Noticeably absent from the first US date were former Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor, who played both UK concerts.
Watch video of the Mary J. Blige set below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here