*Singer/actress Michelle Williams, GMC TV, Light Records and Roland Corporation will participate in the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s 4th annual Most Powerful Voices gospel competition.
The online gospel singing competition helps the association to educate people about stroke – the No. 4 cause of death and the leading preventable cause of disability in America. Williams (formerly of Destiny’s Child) is involved in the contest, because her family has been affected by stroke. The contest is open to independent artists, groups and choirs who sing gospel, holy hip hop, praise and worship music.
Participants, who must be 18 years or older, may sign up at http://power.watchgmctv.com and upload a video or MP3 file by Jan. 31. Family, friends – and fans – have until April 5 to vote for their favorite artists. Those who register to compete or vote will receive lifesaving stroke information from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
The top 10 finalists will be judged by gospel music industry leaders as well as Williams, James Robinson, president of A&R at Light Records, and holy hip hop artist Flame.
The grand prize-winner will be announced April 30 and will receive:
* The opportunity to perform in the Central Park Summer Stage Concert in New York City with Light Records artists
* $2,500 for a trip to New York
* $1,500 cash and a digital single on iTunes from Light Records
* Personal coaching by a renowned Light Records gospel artist
* $5,000 in musical instruments and gear from Roland Corporation
* National recognition on GMC TV’s Digital Download of the week
The top 10 finalists and a lucky voter will also win prizes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here