A 9-year-old rapper, Amor ‘Lilman’ Arteaga, is telling his grown brothers to pull up their sagging pants with his new song “Pull Ya Pants Up.”
The Daily News reports that the pint-sized Amor ‘Lilman’ Arteaga, who co-wrote “Pull Ya Pants Up” with his dad Juan, 37, and spent the summer filming the music video now up on YouTube, refuses to apologize for the toughly-worded tune.
“It’s disrespectful showing your butt off,” said Amor, a fourth-grader at PS 92 on Parkside Ave. “I’m always seeing boys, girls, rappers, singers – everyone is sagging out.”
The young man who penned the inspirational ballad began writing the song when he was 7, after his pop scolded him for prancing around the Parade Grounds playground in Flatbush with his pants falling off his hips.
“Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to be a star. I didn’t want to go through all this nonsense of cursing. I wanted to be positive with my raps,” Amor said.
Listen up boys, saggin’ pants wit yo’ butt crack showin’ ain’t cool at all.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here