A 9-year-old rapper, Amor ‘Lilman’ Arteaga, is telling his grown brothers to pull up their sagging pants with his new song “Pull Ya Pants Up.”
The Daily News reports that the pint-sized Amor ‘Lilman’ Arteaga, who co-wrote “Pull Ya Pants Up” with his dad Juan, 37, and spent the summer filming the music video now up on YouTube, refuses to apologize for the toughly-worded tune.
“It’s disrespectful showing your butt off,” said Amor, a fourth-grader at PS 92 on Parkside Ave. “I’m always seeing boys, girls, rappers, singers – everyone is sagging out.”
The young man who penned the inspirational ballad began writing the song when he was 7, after his pop scolded him for prancing around the Parade Grounds playground in Flatbush with his pants falling off his hips.
“Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to be a star. I didn’t want to go through all this nonsense of cursing. I wanted to be positive with my raps,” Amor said.
Listen up boys, saggin’ pants wit yo’ butt crack showin’ ain’t cool at all.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here