A 9-year-old rapper, Amor ‘Lilman’ Arteaga, is telling his grown brothers to pull up their sagging pants with his new song “Pull Ya Pants Up.”
The Daily News reports that the pint-sized Amor ‘Lilman’ Arteaga, who co-wrote “Pull Ya Pants Up” with his dad Juan, 37, and spent the summer filming the music video now up on YouTube, refuses to apologize for the toughly-worded tune.
“It’s disrespectful showing your butt off,” said Amor, a fourth-grader at PS 92 on Parkside Ave. “I’m always seeing boys, girls, rappers, singers – everyone is sagging out.”
The young man who penned the inspirational ballad began writing the song when he was 7, after his pop scolded him for prancing around the Parade Grounds playground in Flatbush with his pants falling off his hips.
“Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to be a star. I didn’t want to go through all this nonsense of cursing. I wanted to be positive with my raps,” Amor said.
Listen up boys, saggin’ pants wit yo’ butt crack showin’ ain’t cool at all.
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here