*To usher in the new administration with prayer and praise and commemorate the historic second inauguration of President Barack H. Obama, the “2013 Second Chances Gospel Concert and Prayer Service” will be held on Sunday, January 20 at 7:00 p.m. in Washington, DC.
Along with DC’s own veteran psalmist “The Minister John Butler,” well-known Gospel artists from the Capitol area as well as national recording artists such as Earl Bynum and The Mount will perform as pastors offer prayers about the nation’s most pressing current issues. Musical performances will trace the African American story from the Civil Rights Movement until today in homage to Martin Luther King, Jr. whose day of remembrance coincides with the Inauguration.
The “2013 Second Chances Gospel Concert and Prayer Service” is presented by Vote With Authority, the faith-based voter advocacy coalition, as a part of a series of faith-based events that will take place during inauguration weekend (January 18-21, 2013).
Affirming the nation has come this far by faith, the host committee has planned a fitting stage for visitors with respect to the African American churches, gospel artists, faith-based voters and Christian lawmakers all over the country who actively campaigned for this unprecedented august moment.
Included on the special guest list are prominent civil rights activists, politicians, Christian clergy, government officials, civic organizers, and business dignitaries as well as Preident adn First Lasy Obama. Those who labored on a grassroots level are also being invited to partake in the only inaugural activity that focuses on stellar faith-based entertainment.
For inquiries regarding sponsorship, being a presenter or performer, media coverage or group sales, please contact Jireh Communications Group directly at (703) 986-3464 or via email at [email protected].
General admission tickets are $25 and deluxe passes are $55, which include preferred seating and a meet and greet with artists can be purchased online at http://capitalaffair2013inauguralevents.eventbrite.com/#
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here