*(Via Mediaite) – In the absence of fiscal cliff deal, President Obama sat down with David Gregory in a wide-ranging interview that aired on Meet the Press this Sunday. Hitting Republicans for their unwillingness to negotiate, Obama noted that he has made concession that have angered his own party — and urged Congress to act.
Asked whether we’ll go over the fiscal cliff, Obama said, “We’re going to find out in the next 48 hours what Congress decides to do.”
“We have been talking to the Republicans ever since the election was over,” he said. “They have had trouble saying yes to a number of repeated offers.”
There’s “basic fairness at stake,” he added — going on to note that “the offers that I’ve made to them have been so fair that a lot of Democrats get mad at me.” Speaking about Medicare and Social Security, the president said he’s willing to everything he can to ensure those programs are intact for future generations. But the GOP is behaving as if “their only priority is making sure that tax breaks for wealthy are protected.”
Read/learn more at Mediaite.
Watch the president on Meet the Press:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here