*(Via Mediaite) – In the absence of fiscal cliff deal, President Obama sat down with David Gregory in a wide-ranging interview that aired on Meet the Press this Sunday. Hitting Republicans for their unwillingness to negotiate, Obama noted that he has made concession that have angered his own party — and urged Congress to act.
Asked whether we’ll go over the fiscal cliff, Obama said, “We’re going to find out in the next 48 hours what Congress decides to do.”
“We have been talking to the Republicans ever since the election was over,” he said. “They have had trouble saying yes to a number of repeated offers.”
There’s “basic fairness at stake,” he added — going on to note that “the offers that I’ve made to them have been so fair that a lot of Democrats get mad at me.” Speaking about Medicare and Social Security, the president said he’s willing to everything he can to ensure those programs are intact for future generations. But the GOP is behaving as if “their only priority is making sure that tax breaks for wealthy are protected.”
Read/learn more at Mediaite.
Watch the president on Meet the Press:
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here