*(Via Mediaite) – In the absence of fiscal cliff deal, President Obama sat down with David Gregory in a wide-ranging interview that aired on Meet the Press this Sunday. Hitting Republicans for their unwillingness to negotiate, Obama noted that he has made concession that have angered his own party — and urged Congress to act.
Asked whether we’ll go over the fiscal cliff, Obama said, “We’re going to find out in the next 48 hours what Congress decides to do.”
“We have been talking to the Republicans ever since the election was over,” he said. “They have had trouble saying yes to a number of repeated offers.”
There’s “basic fairness at stake,” he added — going on to note that “the offers that I’ve made to them have been so fair that a lot of Democrats get mad at me.” Speaking about Medicare and Social Security, the president said he’s willing to everything he can to ensure those programs are intact for future generations. But the GOP is behaving as if “their only priority is making sure that tax breaks for wealthy are protected.”
Read/learn more at Mediaite.
Watch the president on Meet the Press:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here