*(Via Mediaite) – In the absence of fiscal cliff deal, President Obama sat down with David Gregory in a wide-ranging interview that aired on Meet the Press this Sunday. Hitting Republicans for their unwillingness to negotiate, Obama noted that he has made concession that have angered his own party — and urged Congress to act.
Asked whether we’ll go over the fiscal cliff, Obama said, “We’re going to find out in the next 48 hours what Congress decides to do.”
“We have been talking to the Republicans ever since the election was over,” he said. “They have had trouble saying yes to a number of repeated offers.”
There’s “basic fairness at stake,” he added — going on to note that “the offers that I’ve made to them have been so fair that a lot of Democrats get mad at me.” Speaking about Medicare and Social Security, the president said he’s willing to everything he can to ensure those programs are intact for future generations. But the GOP is behaving as if “their only priority is making sure that tax breaks for wealthy are protected.”
Read/learn more at Mediaite.
Watch the president on Meet the Press:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here