*Dwight Henry of “Beasts of the Southern Wild” has been named the year’s best supporting actor by the Los Angeles Film Critics Association, kicking off its annual voting with a typically idiosyncratic choice. Henry had never acted before being chosen for Benh Zeitlin’s low-budget indie set in the Louisiana bayous, and has been largely absent from the awards circuit because of his day job running a bakery in New Orleans. “Beasts” was also honored for its score, while “The Master” won the award for production design.
*”Skyfall,”, which hit multiplexes nationwide five weekends ago, reclaimed the No. 1 position. Though the film claimed the top spot the first weekend it was released, the James Bond movie has had to settle for the runner-up position as “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2” dominated ticket sales. But the film starring Daniel Craig took in an additional $11 million this weekend, while the final “Twilight” movie collected $9.2 million. “Skyfall” has now sold $261.6 million worth of tickets in North America, making it the highest-grossing Bond film domestically by about $90 million.
*ABC is getting into the Hannibal Buress business. The stand-up comedian and television writer has been tapped by the network to develop a cop/comedy series that he will star in. The yet-to be-titled program, which will be co-written by Buress and Rob Sheridan, is said to be inspired by Buress’ stand-up, and will see him starring as a cop in a small town. The script commitment is 1 of 3 cop comedy shows currently in development at ABC – the other two being an ensemble cop comedy and a paranormal cop comedy show – so there’s a good chance that all 3 will not make it. Buress has been featured in The Awkward Comedy Show special on Comedy Central, and on the FX sitcom Louie. You can currently catch him on The Eric André Show on Adult Swim.
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here