*Capital Steez, an up-and-coming rapper in the Brooklyn-based Pro Era collective, died on Monday morning, reports Billboard. Steez, real name Jamal Dewar, was 19.
The rapper’s friend and collaborator Joey Bada$$ announced the news on Twitter, saying, “This unfortunate xmas eve… Lost a best friend, a brother, a pro, a partner. Letting go is never easy.”
Bada$$ goes on to say that “part of me doesn’t believe this.” Other members of New Era to post comments include Chuck Strangers and CJ Fly. This week the rap collective released the mixtape, “PEEP: The Aprocopalypse” on Cinematic Affairs. Label CEO Johnny Shipes also confirmed the death on Twitter, writing “R.I.P. STEEZ.”
Further details on the cause of death have not been disclosed, however there is speculation that the rapper may have committed suicide as his final message on Twitter reads, simply, “The end.”
Listen to his song “Free the Robots” below.
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here