*Capital Steez, an up-and-coming rapper in the Brooklyn-based Pro Era collective, died on Monday morning, reports Billboard. Steez, real name Jamal Dewar, was 19.
The rapper’s friend and collaborator Joey Bada$$ announced the news on Twitter, saying, “This unfortunate xmas eve… Lost a best friend, a brother, a pro, a partner. Letting go is never easy.”
Bada$$ goes on to say that “part of me doesn’t believe this.” Other members of New Era to post comments include Chuck Strangers and CJ Fly. This week the rap collective released the mixtape, “PEEP: The Aprocopalypse” on Cinematic Affairs. Label CEO Johnny Shipes also confirmed the death on Twitter, writing “R.I.P. STEEZ.”
Further details on the cause of death have not been disclosed, however there is speculation that the rapper may have committed suicide as his final message on Twitter reads, simply, “The end.”
Listen to his song “Free the Robots” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here