*Capital Steez, an up-and-coming rapper in the Brooklyn-based Pro Era collective, died on Monday morning, reports Billboard. Steez, real name Jamal Dewar, was 19.
The rapper’s friend and collaborator Joey Bada$$ announced the news on Twitter, saying, “This unfortunate xmas eve… Lost a best friend, a brother, a pro, a partner. Letting go is never easy.”
Bada$$ goes on to say that “part of me doesn’t believe this.” Other members of New Era to post comments include Chuck Strangers and CJ Fly. This week the rap collective released the mixtape, “PEEP: The Aprocopalypse” on Cinematic Affairs. Label CEO Johnny Shipes also confirmed the death on Twitter, writing “R.I.P. STEEZ.”
Further details on the cause of death have not been disclosed, however there is speculation that the rapper may have committed suicide as his final message on Twitter reads, simply, “The end.”
Listen to his song “Free the Robots” below.
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here