*Capital Steez, an up-and-coming rapper in the Brooklyn-based Pro Era collective, died on Monday morning, reports Billboard. Steez, real name Jamal Dewar, was 19.
The rapper’s friend and collaborator Joey Bada$$ announced the news on Twitter, saying, “This unfortunate xmas eve… Lost a best friend, a brother, a pro, a partner. Letting go is never easy.”
Bada$$ goes on to say that “part of me doesn’t believe this.” Other members of New Era to post comments include Chuck Strangers and CJ Fly. This week the rap collective released the mixtape, “PEEP: The Aprocopalypse” on Cinematic Affairs. Label CEO Johnny Shipes also confirmed the death on Twitter, writing “R.I.P. STEEZ.”
Further details on the cause of death have not been disclosed, however there is speculation that the rapper may have committed suicide as his final message on Twitter reads, simply, “The end.”
Listen to his song “Free the Robots” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here