*Capital Steez, an up-and-coming rapper in the Brooklyn-based Pro Era collective, died on Monday morning, reports Billboard. Steez, real name Jamal Dewar, was 19.
The rapper’s friend and collaborator Joey Bada$$ announced the news on Twitter, saying, “This unfortunate xmas eve… Lost a best friend, a brother, a pro, a partner. Letting go is never easy.”
Bada$$ goes on to say that “part of me doesn’t believe this.” Other members of New Era to post comments include Chuck Strangers and CJ Fly. This week the rap collective released the mixtape, “PEEP: The Aprocopalypse” on Cinematic Affairs. Label CEO Johnny Shipes also confirmed the death on Twitter, writing “R.I.P. STEEZ.”
Further details on the cause of death have not been disclosed, however there is speculation that the rapper may have committed suicide as his final message on Twitter reads, simply, “The end.”
Listen to his song “Free the Robots” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here