*As both families mourn the loss of Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, team officials say they knew the athlete’s relationship was on rocks.
As we reported, Belcher fatally shot his Perkins on Saturday morning before shooting himself in the head at Arrowhead Stadium parking lot in front of team officials who were attempting to stop him.
According to police, the couple had been arguing over finances and other relationship issues for some time. Allegedly they had started relationship counseling.
Also, the New York Post reports that the football player spent the night with another woman before committing the murder.
He reportedly had dinner with Brittni Glass while Perkins attended a Trey Songz concert. Officials say he spent several hours sleeping in his car before being awoken by police. Belcher then slept over at Glass’s house until 6:45 a.m.
Glass confirmed the two were not in a relationship.
Essence.com says upon returning home, Belcher engaged in an argument with Perkins. Belcher’s mom reportedly heard her son say, “You can’t talk to me like that!”
Then Belcher pulled a gun on his girlfriend and shot her eight times. He then leaned over her body, apologized and kissed her on her forehead, according to Belcher’s mother.
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here