*As both families mourn the loss of Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, team officials say they knew the athlete’s relationship was on rocks.
As we reported, Belcher fatally shot his Perkins on Saturday morning before shooting himself in the head at Arrowhead Stadium parking lot in front of team officials who were attempting to stop him.
According to police, the couple had been arguing over finances and other relationship issues for some time. Allegedly they had started relationship counseling.
Also, the New York Post reports that the football player spent the night with another woman before committing the murder.
He reportedly had dinner with Brittni Glass while Perkins attended a Trey Songz concert. Officials say he spent several hours sleeping in his car before being awoken by police. Belcher then slept over at Glass’s house until 6:45 a.m.
Glass confirmed the two were not in a relationship.
Essence.com says upon returning home, Belcher engaged in an argument with Perkins. Belcher’s mom reportedly heard her son say, “You can’t talk to me like that!”
Then Belcher pulled a gun on his girlfriend and shot her eight times. He then leaned over her body, apologized and kissed her on her forehead, according to Belcher’s mother.
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here