*As both families mourn the loss of Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, team officials say they knew the athlete’s relationship was on rocks.
As we reported, Belcher fatally shot his Perkins on Saturday morning before shooting himself in the head at Arrowhead Stadium parking lot in front of team officials who were attempting to stop him.
According to police, the couple had been arguing over finances and other relationship issues for some time. Allegedly they had started relationship counseling.
Also, the New York Post reports that the football player spent the night with another woman before committing the murder.
He reportedly had dinner with Brittni Glass while Perkins attended a Trey Songz concert. Officials say he spent several hours sleeping in his car before being awoken by police. Belcher then slept over at Glass’s house until 6:45 a.m.
Glass confirmed the two were not in a relationship.
Essence.com says upon returning home, Belcher engaged in an argument with Perkins. Belcher’s mom reportedly heard her son say, “You can’t talk to me like that!”
Then Belcher pulled a gun on his girlfriend and shot her eight times. He then leaned over her body, apologized and kissed her on her forehead, according to Belcher’s mother.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here