*Russell Simmons will throw a second hip-hop ball to celebrate the genre’s influence in the re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama.
The music mogul organized the Hip-Hop Inaugural Ball after President Obama became the first African-American to be voted into the White House in 2008.
The event took place following Obama’s official inauguration ceremony in January, 2009, and it honored rappers T.I., LL Cool J and Young Jeezy for their work inspiring young people during the 2008 race.
After the President’s second win at the polls last month, Simmons has announced he will be hosting a second ball, set to take place at the Harman Center for the Arts in Washington, D.C on Jan. 20.
Ticket prices start at $500 and proceeds will benefit Philanthropik, an organization which encourages philanthropy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here