*Russell Simmons will throw a second hip-hop ball to celebrate the genre’s influence in the re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama.
The music mogul organized the Hip-Hop Inaugural Ball after President Obama became the first African-American to be voted into the White House in 2008.
The event took place following Obama’s official inauguration ceremony in January, 2009, and it honored rappers T.I., LL Cool J and Young Jeezy for their work inspiring young people during the 2008 race.
After the President’s second win at the polls last month, Simmons has announced he will be hosting a second ball, set to take place at the Harman Center for the Arts in Washington, D.C on Jan. 20.
Ticket prices start at $500 and proceeds will benefit Philanthropik, an organization which encourages philanthropy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here