*Russell Simmons will throw a second hip-hop ball to celebrate the genre’s influence in the re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama.
The music mogul organized the Hip-Hop Inaugural Ball after President Obama became the first African-American to be voted into the White House in 2008.
The event took place following Obama’s official inauguration ceremony in January, 2009, and it honored rappers T.I., LL Cool J and Young Jeezy for their work inspiring young people during the 2008 race.
After the President’s second win at the polls last month, Simmons has announced he will be hosting a second ball, set to take place at the Harman Center for the Arts in Washington, D.C on Jan. 20.
Ticket prices start at $500 and proceeds will benefit Philanthropik, an organization which encourages philanthropy.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here