Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) will host the SCLC Inaugural Festivities & People’s Inaugural Gala on Sunday, January 20th in Washington, D.C. The Gala will highlight the accomplishments of the organization throughout it’s history, celebrate the re-election of President Barack Obama, and pay homage to it’s founder, Dr. King, who made it all possible.
“These exciting events will highlight the accomplishments of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference since its inception; showcase the work that has been done and define the work left to do, ” says Charles Steele, SCLC’s CEO. “We will proudly celebrate our 44th President of the United States and the work of the ‘People’ who made this election possible. Our slate of events will honor not only the Inauguration of the President of the United States but the legacy of our Founding President, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,” he adds.
The Festivities are as follows:
SCLC Gospel Brunch, $65 per person
This energetic, uplifting and spiritually delicious Gospel Brunch will kick -off our official events in the Nation’s capitol. Hosted by Sunday Best All-Star Corey Webb we will be blessed with messages from *Reverend Gwendolyn Boyd of Ebeneezer African Methodist Episcopal Church in Fort Washington, MD and Pastor Kevin Adams, of Olivett Baptist Church in Chattanooga, TN. While hearing the prophetic words of these amazing teachers of the word, we will also be touched with the melodious sounds of Earl Bynum, Executive Director of Music at Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church in VA and NC; Pauline Key The Duchess of Gospel’ and rounded out with the *Award-winning Father of Gospel music, Richard Smallwood.
7:30PM: Dream Keepers for Justice Dinner
This “invitation only” black tie event will highlight the accomplishments of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference since its inception. Join us as we showcase the work that has been done, and the work left to do.
Monday, January 21st 8:00 PM: People’s Inaugural Gala-$80 per person
To celebrate our 44th President of the United States and the work of the people who made this election possible, we will culminate our weekend with the People’s Inaugural Ball at the magnificent National Museum of Women in The Arts. Our second black tie event of the weekend will feature a performance by Whodini.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here