Earlier this month, Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark stuffed her shirt and skirt with towels, mocking champion athlete.
What a hater; she wished she had all that junk in her trunk, some would say.
Anyway, the incident was caught on camera and went viral. (Scroll down to see the video.) The response was something fierce. Viewers called the Denmark tennis player a racist.
Even Whoopi Goldberg did her due diligence and brought it up on the “The View.”
However, despite the uproar, Serena actually defended Wozniacki saying she probably didn’t mean anything by it.
“I know Caro and I would call her my friend and I don’t think she (meant) anything racist by it,” she wrote from the island of Mauritius off the coast of Africa, training for the upcoming Australian match.
This isn’t the first time the bodily endowed athlete has been parodied.
Others like Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic also have enacted their own forms of jokes about Serena’s body.
While some may view the jokes as sexist and racist, she pointed out the imbalance of attention this particular incident with Caroline attracted.
“(Roddick) and (Djokovic) do it all the time and Caro does (it) and now it’s racist.??” she wrote.
Read more of her response at USA Today.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here