Earlier this month, Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark stuffed her shirt and skirt with towels, mocking champion athlete.
What a hater; she wished she had all that junk in her trunk, some would say.
Anyway, the incident was caught on camera and went viral. (Scroll down to see the video.) The response was something fierce. Viewers called the Denmark tennis player a racist.
Even Whoopi Goldberg did her due diligence and brought it up on the “The View.”
However, despite the uproar, Serena actually defended Wozniacki saying she probably didn’t mean anything by it.
“I know Caro and I would call her my friend and I don’t think she (meant) anything racist by it,” she wrote from the island of Mauritius off the coast of Africa, training for the upcoming Australian match.
This isn’t the first time the bodily endowed athlete has been parodied.
Others like Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic also have enacted their own forms of jokes about Serena’s body.
While some may view the jokes as sexist and racist, she pointed out the imbalance of attention this particular incident with Caroline attracted.
“(Roddick) and (Djokovic) do it all the time and Caro does (it) and now it’s racist.??” she wrote.
Read more of her response at USA Today.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here