Earlier this month, Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark stuffed her shirt and skirt with towels, mocking champion athlete.
What a hater; she wished she had all that junk in her trunk, some would say.
Anyway, the incident was caught on camera and went viral. (Scroll down to see the video.) The response was something fierce. Viewers called the Denmark tennis player a racist.
Even Whoopi Goldberg did her due diligence and brought it up on the “The View.”
However, despite the uproar, Serena actually defended Wozniacki saying she probably didn’t mean anything by it.
“I know Caro and I would call her my friend and I don’t think she (meant) anything racist by it,” she wrote from the island of Mauritius off the coast of Africa, training for the upcoming Australian match.
This isn’t the first time the bodily endowed athlete has been parodied.
Others like Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic also have enacted their own forms of jokes about Serena’s body.
While some may view the jokes as sexist and racist, she pointed out the imbalance of attention this particular incident with Caroline attracted.
“(Roddick) and (Djokovic) do it all the time and Caro does (it) and now it’s racist.??” she wrote.
Read more of her response at USA Today.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here