*Filmmaker Alison McDonald’s short “She Got Problems” is about to become a series for ABC.
The network has given a script order to the short about a lovable dreamer, with the “Nurse Jackie” writer/story editor attached to adapt the project for ABC Studios, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The single-camera comedy centers on a woman who has a song in her heart but no man in her bed when she meets her match after she begins working for an outspoken mogul.
Comedian McDonald, a Fulbright Scholar whose credits also include “Accidentally on Purpose” and “Close to Home,” wrote, directed and starred opposite her famous sister Audra McDonald in the 2009 mocumentary that was described as “Bridesmaids” meets “Flight of the Conchords.”
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here