*Starz is currently developing a drama series that charting the birth of hip-hop from the violence of gang life in 1970s Bronx, reports Deadline.
Titled “Turf,” the project will be written by Patrick Macmanus, who currently lives in Zimbabwe where his wife works for the U.S. government. This marks the second sale for Macmanus, who also is co-writing with Grant Scharbo the CW’s “Sleepy Hollow,” an updated take on the headless horseman story.
He was last on staff for Starz on “Marco Polo” and “Noir” before that.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here