*Starz is currently developing a drama series that charting the birth of hip-hop from the violence of gang life in 1970s Bronx, reports Deadline.
Titled “Turf,” the project will be written by Patrick Macmanus, who currently lives in Zimbabwe where his wife works for the U.S. government. This marks the second sale for Macmanus, who also is co-writing with Grant Scharbo the CW’s “Sleepy Hollow,” an updated take on the headless horseman story.
He was last on staff for Starz on “Marco Polo” and “Noir” before that.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here