*Starz is currently developing a drama series that charting the birth of hip-hop from the violence of gang life in 1970s Bronx, reports Deadline.
Titled “Turf,” the project will be written by Patrick Macmanus, who currently lives in Zimbabwe where his wife works for the U.S. government. This marks the second sale for Macmanus, who also is co-writing with Grant Scharbo the CW’s “Sleepy Hollow,” an updated take on the headless horseman story.
He was last on staff for Starz on “Marco Polo” and “Noir” before that.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here