Taraji P. Henson graces the latest cover of JET magazine with her classy look and welcoming smile. But on the inside, she gets raw about the constant struggle for actors of color to be treated fairly.
“I just stated a fact. TV Guide left the black woman out. The fans responded and the blogs picked it up. I had nothing to do with it going viral…That’s Hollywood,” Henson tells JET. “As a woman, especially a Black woman, you’ve got to keep fighting.”
Earlier this year a bunch of drama was stirred up when TV Guide editors or whomever those higher ups were, decided to lead the cover on “Person of Interest” with the co-starring white actors, as opposed to Henson, who is also a lead on the show.
Also in the JET interview, she discusses encouraging her son to work for a year before attending college.
“I will have things to pass down to him, but I’m not bringing up a mama’s boy,” Henson tells JET. “I’ve got him out here looking for work so he can see how hard it is when you just have a high school diploma.”
The Dec. 3 issue of JET is on newsstands now.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here