Taraji P. Henson graces the latest cover of JET magazine with her classy look and welcoming smile. But on the inside, she gets raw about the constant struggle for actors of color to be treated fairly.
“I just stated a fact. TV Guide left the black woman out. The fans responded and the blogs picked it up. I had nothing to do with it going viral…That’s Hollywood,” Henson tells JET. “As a woman, especially a Black woman, you’ve got to keep fighting.”
Earlier this year a bunch of drama was stirred up when TV Guide editors or whomever those higher ups were, decided to lead the cover on “Person of Interest” with the co-starring white actors, as opposed to Henson, who is also a lead on the show.
Also in the JET interview, she discusses encouraging her son to work for a year before attending college.
“I will have things to pass down to him, but I’m not bringing up a mama’s boy,” Henson tells JET. “I’ve got him out here looking for work so he can see how hard it is when you just have a high school diploma.”
The Dec. 3 issue of JET is on newsstands now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here