Taraji P. Henson graces the latest cover of JET magazine with her classy look and welcoming smile. But on the inside, she gets raw about the constant struggle for actors of color to be treated fairly.
“I just stated a fact. TV Guide left the black woman out. The fans responded and the blogs picked it up. I had nothing to do with it going viral…That’s Hollywood,” Henson tells JET. “As a woman, especially a Black woman, you’ve got to keep fighting.”
Earlier this year a bunch of drama was stirred up when TV Guide editors or whomever those higher ups were, decided to lead the cover on “Person of Interest” with the co-starring white actors, as opposed to Henson, who is also a lead on the show.
Also in the JET interview, she discusses encouraging her son to work for a year before attending college.
“I will have things to pass down to him, but I’m not bringing up a mama’s boy,” Henson tells JET. “I’ve got him out here looking for work so he can see how hard it is when you just have a high school diploma.”
The Dec. 3 issue of JET is on newsstands now.
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here