Taraji P. Henson graces the latest cover of JET magazine with her classy look and welcoming smile. But on the inside, she gets raw about the constant struggle for actors of color to be treated fairly.
“I just stated a fact. TV Guide left the black woman out. The fans responded and the blogs picked it up. I had nothing to do with it going viral…That’s Hollywood,” Henson tells JET. “As a woman, especially a Black woman, you’ve got to keep fighting.”
Earlier this year a bunch of drama was stirred up when TV Guide editors or whomever those higher ups were, decided to lead the cover on “Person of Interest” with the co-starring white actors, as opposed to Henson, who is also a lead on the show.
Also in the JET interview, she discusses encouraging her son to work for a year before attending college.
“I will have things to pass down to him, but I’m not bringing up a mama’s boy,” Henson tells JET. “I’ve got him out here looking for work so he can see how hard it is when you just have a high school diploma.”
The Dec. 3 issue of JET is on newsstands now.
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Jersey Police Looking for Suspect in Shooting at Big Sean, J. Cole Concert
- WATCH: 'Legend of the Mantamji' Live Action Short
- Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara Put Up with Rude, Race Baiting Questions (WATCH)
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Secret Service Expert 'Outs' Hillary Clinton's Marriage as 'Fake'
- D.L. Hughley: If Trump Says 'N*gger’ He'll be Elected Tomorrow (WATCH)
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cousin Admits Being Barred From Burial
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here