Tyler Perry camp actress, Tasha Smith, volunteered herself to become Summer herself.
It seems as if she’s attempting to branch out and show the industry that she’s not a one-dimensional person, limited to the confines of Tyler Perry studios.
she also told the Grio that she’s got various talents and businesses in the works, including a fragrance, acting workshop and wig line.
The Grio: It seems America knows you as an angry black woman because of the role you played as Angela Williams in Why Did I Get Married? And Why Did I Get Married Too? What does it feel like to be so quickly attached to that character, even off-camera?
Tasha Smtih: I never really felt that my character was an angry black woman. Even with Angela on For Better or Worse. The reason why I love doing the show is because we have the time to portray different dimensions of who Angela is as a woman. Now Angela gets to live every day every week. I love the way Tyler is writing her this season. She’s fun, she’s more of a supportive friend, she’s not the one burning up cars and getting pissed off. I feel like it’s an opportunity to show a different dimension of Angela.
As an actor, we have to feed ourselves and we want to work. I am grateful for the opportunities that I’ve gotten and a lot of the characters I have taken on, are a bit rough and different, but the essence of what Tyler likes in my strength. I am waiting for other roles and other opportunities to come, but until those other characters come, I’m going to do the roles that I have the opportunities to do.
Read/learn more at theGrio.
- Neighbors Watch in Horror as Two Girls Jump from Burning Building
- Watch FSU QB De’Andre Johnson PUNCH Woman in Face; Gets Released
- EUR Speaks with Kem, Lalah Hathaway & Dee-1 At 2015 Essence Festival (WATCH)
- Beyoncé Video Inspires Curvy 68 Story Australian Skyscraper
- Turner's Two Cents: Obama Did Not Call Immigrants Gangbangers
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here