Tyler Perry camp actress, Tasha Smith, volunteered herself to become Summer herself.
It seems as if she’s attempting to branch out and show the industry that she’s not a one-dimensional person, limited to the confines of Tyler Perry studios.
she also told the Grio that she’s got various talents and businesses in the works, including a fragrance, acting workshop and wig line.
The Grio: It seems America knows you as an angry black woman because of the role you played as Angela Williams in Why Did I Get Married? And Why Did I Get Married Too? What does it feel like to be so quickly attached to that character, even off-camera?
Tasha Smtih: I never really felt that my character was an angry black woman. Even with Angela on For Better or Worse. The reason why I love doing the show is because we have the time to portray different dimensions of who Angela is as a woman. Now Angela gets to live every day every week. I love the way Tyler is writing her this season. She’s fun, she’s more of a supportive friend, she’s not the one burning up cars and getting pissed off. I feel like it’s an opportunity to show a different dimension of Angela.
As an actor, we have to feed ourselves and we want to work. I am grateful for the opportunities that I’ve gotten and a lot of the characters I have taken on, are a bit rough and different, but the essence of what Tyler likes in my strength. I am waiting for other roles and other opportunities to come, but until those other characters come, I’m going to do the roles that I have the opportunities to do.
Read/learn more at theGrio.
- Adrian Peterson is the Father, Says Massage Therapist
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here