*TNT has put in development the drama “Hit,” based on an idea by Jamie Foxx, reports Deadline.com.
Co-written by Foxx and former “Numbers” co-executive producer Robert Port, the story centers on two former high school football teammates and best friends — one a quarterback, one a wide receiver -– who years later are “drafted” by the Miami P.D. and assigned to HIT (High Impact Team).
The same shorthand that made them unstoppable on the gridiron makes them great partners taking down the most dangerous criminals in the city.
Foxx and Port are executive producing with Foxx’s producing partner Jaime King.
As previously reported, Foxx will play the Marvel Comics character Electro in the next “Spider-Man” film and is due in theaters Christmas Day as the lead in “Django Unchained.
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here