*TNT has put in development the drama “Hit,” based on an idea by Jamie Foxx, reports Deadline.com.
Co-written by Foxx and former “Numbers” co-executive producer Robert Port, the story centers on two former high school football teammates and best friends — one a quarterback, one a wide receiver -– who years later are “drafted” by the Miami P.D. and assigned to HIT (High Impact Team).
The same shorthand that made them unstoppable on the gridiron makes them great partners taking down the most dangerous criminals in the city.
Foxx and Port are executive producing with Foxx’s producing partner Jaime King.
As previously reported, Foxx will play the Marvel Comics character Electro in the next “Spider-Man” film and is due in theaters Christmas Day as the lead in “Django Unchained.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here