*TNT has put in development the drama “Hit,” based on an idea by Jamie Foxx, reports Deadline.com.
Co-written by Foxx and former “Numbers” co-executive producer Robert Port, the story centers on two former high school football teammates and best friends — one a quarterback, one a wide receiver -– who years later are “drafted” by the Miami P.D. and assigned to HIT (High Impact Team).
The same shorthand that made them unstoppable on the gridiron makes them great partners taking down the most dangerous criminals in the city.
Foxx and Port are executive producing with Foxx’s producing partner Jaime King.
As previously reported, Foxx will play the Marvel Comics character Electro in the next “Spider-Man” film and is due in theaters Christmas Day as the lead in “Django Unchained.
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here