*TV Land has ordered a second season of “The Soul Man” starring Cedric “The Entertainer” and Niecy Nash and a third season of “The Exes,” co-starring Donald Faison.
As part of “The Soul Man” renewal, the “Hot In Cleveland” spinoff is changing showrunners, with Yvette Lee Bowser (“Living Single”) replacing Phoef Sutton, according to Deadline.com. The deal had been in the works for a while, with Cedric pulling the trigger on the renewal news prematurely a month ago.
“The Soul Man” premiered in June as TV Land’s second highest rated series debut behind “Hot In Cleveland” among Adults 25-54 (1.0 rating) and Women 25-54. In total viewers, the series debuted to 1.9 million, behind “Cleveland” (4.8 million) and “Happily Divorced” (2.4 million).
By the end of its 12-episode season, “The Soul Man” lost its ratings momentum from the premiere but has done well among African Americans, posting a 3.6 rating in Adults 25-54 and averaging 1.4 million total viewers per week.”
“The Exes,” which averaged 1.2 million total viewers per week in Season 2, stars Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. Both shows will return in June 2013 with 10 new episodes each.
“We are so proud of these series and passionate about the characters,” said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land.
Bower will executive produce “Soul Man” alongside Cedric, creator Suzanne Martin, Eric C. Rhone, Sean Hayes, Todd Milliner and Lynda Obst. Bower most recently served as a consulting producer on two other TV Land series, “Happily Divorced” and “The Exes.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here