*TV Land has ordered a second season of “The Soul Man” starring Cedric “The Entertainer” and Niecy Nash and a third season of “The Exes,” co-starring Donald Faison.
As part of “The Soul Man” renewal, the “Hot In Cleveland” spinoff is changing showrunners, with Yvette Lee Bowser (“Living Single”) replacing Phoef Sutton, according to Deadline.com. The deal had been in the works for a while, with Cedric pulling the trigger on the renewal news prematurely a month ago.
“The Soul Man” premiered in June as TV Land’s second highest rated series debut behind “Hot In Cleveland” among Adults 25-54 (1.0 rating) and Women 25-54. In total viewers, the series debuted to 1.9 million, behind “Cleveland” (4.8 million) and “Happily Divorced” (2.4 million).
By the end of its 12-episode season, “The Soul Man” lost its ratings momentum from the premiere but has done well among African Americans, posting a 3.6 rating in Adults 25-54 and averaging 1.4 million total viewers per week.”
“The Exes,” which averaged 1.2 million total viewers per week in Season 2, stars Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. Both shows will return in June 2013 with 10 new episodes each.
“We are so proud of these series and passionate about the characters,” said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land.
Bower will executive produce “Soul Man” alongside Cedric, creator Suzanne Martin, Eric C. Rhone, Sean Hayes, Todd Milliner and Lynda Obst. Bower most recently served as a consulting producer on two other TV Land series, “Happily Divorced” and “The Exes.”
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here