*Well first things first, the president is not really attending a PSY performance; he is actually headed to the traditional “Christmas in Washington Concert,” where PSY is performing. There’s a difference.
As you may recall, EUR recently published a story about a petition for president Obama to join PSY at this same concert, and participate in the new phenomenon: “Gangnam Style,” dance created by PSY. Since that time Yahoo News cites reports that PSY participated in anti-American rallies just a few years back. Word is, according to the referenced news story anyway, some peeps don’t want the president to go to the concert that was a tradition before PSY was even born, not to mention famed, because PSY will now be performing there.
According to news reports, PSY protested the U.S. military presence in South Korea during the early stages of the war in Iraq; and even performed a song originated by another act, containing lyrics about killing the “Yankees” who have been torturing Iraqi captives and their families “slowly and painfully.”
If the claims about the Korean rapper are true, and if he really feels such distain for this country, one would be moved to wonder why he would have accepted the invitation to perform in the political pot of Washington, of all places. Then again, some say that money can be a good motivator.
We’ll see how, or if, this “plot thickens” and report back.
As you were.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here