*Usher’s song “Climax” has beaten Psy’s 2012 anthem “Gangnam Style” and Carly Rae Jepsen’s pop smash “Call Me Maybe” to be crowned Time magazine’s 2012 best song of the year.
“Gangnam Style” and “Call Me Maybe” have placed second and third, respectively, while Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” which picked up a Grammy nomination for Record of the Year on Wednesday night, and Parquet Courts’ “Master of My Craft” round out the top five. Tracks by Skrillex, Nicki Minaj and Russian punk rockers Pussy Riot also feature in the top 10.
Meanwhile, singer Fiona Apple has claimed the publication’s top album prize: Her “The Idler Wheel” beat rap newcomer Kendrick Lamar’s “good kid, m.A.A.d city” to debut at number one.
“Channel Orange” by singer Frank Ocean, “Swing Lo Magellan” from the Dirty Projectors and Getatchew Mekuria & the Ex & Friends’ release “Y’Anbessaw Tezeta” complete the top five albums.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here