*Usher’s song “Climax” has beaten Psy’s 2012 anthem “Gangnam Style” and Carly Rae Jepsen’s pop smash “Call Me Maybe” to be crowned Time magazine’s 2012 best song of the year.
“Gangnam Style” and “Call Me Maybe” have placed second and third, respectively, while Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” which picked up a Grammy nomination for Record of the Year on Wednesday night, and Parquet Courts’ “Master of My Craft” round out the top five. Tracks by Skrillex, Nicki Minaj and Russian punk rockers Pussy Riot also feature in the top 10.
Meanwhile, singer Fiona Apple has claimed the publication’s top album prize: Her “The Idler Wheel” beat rap newcomer Kendrick Lamar’s “good kid, m.A.A.d city” to debut at number one.
“Channel Orange” by singer Frank Ocean, “Swing Lo Magellan” from the Dirty Projectors and Getatchew Mekuria & the Ex & Friends’ release “Y’Anbessaw Tezeta” complete the top five albums.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here