*Universal Pictures is prepping a film adaptation of the 70s TV series “Kojak,” with Vin Diesel in the title role and producing with Samantha Vincent for their Universal-based One Race Films.
Telly Savalas played tough-talking, bald-headed cop the on the CBS series, which ran from 1973-78.
Screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade will re-imagine and contemporize it for the big screen, reports Deadline.com. Purvis & Wade are coming off “Skyfall,” which is nearing $1 billion in worldwide box office, and they wrote the previous four Bond films, including “Casino Royale,” “Quantum Of Solace” and “Die Another Day.”
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here