*Universal Pictures is prepping a film adaptation of the 70s TV series “Kojak,” with Vin Diesel in the title role and producing with Samantha Vincent for their Universal-based One Race Films.
Telly Savalas played tough-talking, bald-headed cop the on the CBS series, which ran from 1973-78.
Screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade will re-imagine and contemporize it for the big screen, reports Deadline.com. Purvis & Wade are coming off “Skyfall,” which is nearing $1 billion in worldwide box office, and they wrote the previous four Bond films, including “Casino Royale,” “Quantum Of Solace” and “Die Another Day.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here