*Universal Pictures is prepping a film adaptation of the 70s TV series “Kojak,” with Vin Diesel in the title role and producing with Samantha Vincent for their Universal-based One Race Films.
Telly Savalas played tough-talking, bald-headed cop the on the CBS series, which ran from 1973-78.
Screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade will re-imagine and contemporize it for the big screen, reports Deadline.com. Purvis & Wade are coming off “Skyfall,” which is nearing $1 billion in worldwide box office, and they wrote the previous four Bond films, including “Casino Royale,” “Quantum Of Solace” and “Die Another Day.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here