*Universal Pictures is prepping a film adaptation of the 70s TV series “Kojak,” with Vin Diesel in the title role and producing with Samantha Vincent for their Universal-based One Race Films.
Telly Savalas played tough-talking, bald-headed cop the on the CBS series, which ran from 1973-78.
Screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade will re-imagine and contemporize it for the big screen, reports Deadline.com. Purvis & Wade are coming off “Skyfall,” which is nearing $1 billion in worldwide box office, and they wrote the previous four Bond films, including “Casino Royale,” “Quantum Of Solace” and “Die Another Day.”
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here