*Universal Pictures is prepping a film adaptation of the 70s TV series “Kojak,” with Vin Diesel in the title role and producing with Samantha Vincent for their Universal-based One Race Films.
Telly Savalas played tough-talking, bald-headed cop the on the CBS series, which ran from 1973-78.
Screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade will re-imagine and contemporize it for the big screen, reports Deadline.com. Purvis & Wade are coming off “Skyfall,” which is nearing $1 billion in worldwide box office, and they wrote the previous four Bond films, including “Casino Royale,” “Quantum Of Solace” and “Die Another Day.”
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here