Thought it isn’t the first time nor will it be the last time a rapper is called a fool, tap dancing monkey, slave, etc.
But when the critic works for a major corporation, it could be a real issue.
According to HipHopWired, Edward McClelland, a white dude for Chicago NBC 5, criticized the rapper for his violent lyrics in lieu of the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.
“[F]rom what I’ve heard of it, is pretty lunkheaded: simplistic rhymes, primitive beats. But it’s also a window into the world that has made Chicago the murder capital of America, and that piqued my curiosity,” wrote McClelland. “Since last week’s murders at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, though, I haven’t had the stomach for any violent entertainment…I also don’t want to pay $14 for the minstrel show of listening to a real live South Side thug. I don’t want to support a scene that makes gangbanging a resume builder for music success.”
It seems like the dude was just looking for a way to put the focus back on rappers, black dudes and gangsters when the shooter was none of those things. Beyond that, the shooter obviously had some serious mental issues that were not addressed and there’s no telling what influenced his actions.
That’s why (some) bloggers don’t get respect. Jus’ sayin’.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here