Thought it isn’t the first time nor will it be the last time a rapper is called a fool, tap dancing monkey, slave, etc.
But when the critic works for a major corporation, it could be a real issue.
According to HipHopWired, Edward McClelland, a white dude for Chicago NBC 5, criticized the rapper for his violent lyrics in lieu of the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.
“[F]rom what I’ve heard of it, is pretty lunkheaded: simplistic rhymes, primitive beats. But it’s also a window into the world that has made Chicago the murder capital of America, and that piqued my curiosity,” wrote McClelland. “Since last week’s murders at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, though, I haven’t had the stomach for any violent entertainment…I also don’t want to pay $14 for the minstrel show of listening to a real live South Side thug. I don’t want to support a scene that makes gangbanging a resume builder for music success.”
It seems like the dude was just looking for a way to put the focus back on rappers, black dudes and gangsters when the shooter was none of those things. Beyond that, the shooter obviously had some serious mental issues that were not addressed and there’s no telling what influenced his actions.
That’s why (some) bloggers don’t get respect. Jus’ sayin’.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here