In any event, it’s a position she now has at Blackberry, formerly known as Research in Motion (RIM). Of course, Blackeberry is the maker of the Blackberry.
The bottom line is Keys is charged with helping the company compete with the Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S smartphone devices by working with the app developers and carries to transition Blackberry from a “business phone to a cool device.”
Her role is a departure from artist only working with consumer brands to promote products in advertising campaigns; Keys will be an active staff member of Blackberry.
This is not the first time she’s been involved in marketing a consumer product. Last year she collaborated with Reebok to design the Reebok Classic Freestyle Hi AK and the Reebok Classic Nylon Slim AK with designs that featured piano keys or colorful patterns reminiscent of 80s b-boy attire.
Also, this weekend, she will perform the national anthem at the Super Bowl. And we doubt very seriously if she’ll lip-sync.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here