In any event, it’s a position she now has at Blackberry, formerly known as Research in Motion (RIM). Of course, Blackeberry is the maker of the Blackberry.
The bottom line is Keys is charged with helping the company compete with the Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S smartphone devices by working with the app developers and carries to transition Blackberry from a “business phone to a cool device.”
Her role is a departure from artist only working with consumer brands to promote products in advertising campaigns; Keys will be an active staff member of Blackberry.
This is not the first time she’s been involved in marketing a consumer product. Last year she collaborated with Reebok to design the Reebok Classic Freestyle Hi AK and the Reebok Classic Nylon Slim AK with designs that featured piano keys or colorful patterns reminiscent of 80s b-boy attire.
Also, this weekend, she will perform the national anthem at the Super Bowl. And we doubt very seriously if she’ll lip-sync.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here