In any event, it’s a position she now has at Blackberry, formerly known as Research in Motion (RIM). Of course, Blackeberry is the maker of the Blackberry.
The bottom line is Keys is charged with helping the company compete with the Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S smartphone devices by working with the app developers and carries to transition Blackberry from a “business phone to a cool device.”
Her role is a departure from artist only working with consumer brands to promote products in advertising campaigns; Keys will be an active staff member of Blackberry.
This is not the first time she’s been involved in marketing a consumer product. Last year she collaborated with Reebok to design the Reebok Classic Freestyle Hi AK and the Reebok Classic Nylon Slim AK with designs that featured piano keys or colorful patterns reminiscent of 80s b-boy attire.
Also, this weekend, she will perform the national anthem at the Super Bowl. And we doubt very seriously if she’ll lip-sync.
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here