For former NBA star Allen Iverson that rule also applies, but he didn’t adhere to it because when the smoke cleared his bank account took a $3 million hit to make his now ex-wife, Tawanna, ride off into the sunset.
We’re told Iverson and Tawanna — who married way back in 2001 — informed a judge last week they had reached a financial settlement outside of court in their ongoing divorce case … just days before the two were set to go to trial.
Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ … as part of the deal, the NBA legend agreed to pay Tawanna $3 million, paid out as a large lump sum. We’re told Iverson also agreed to fork over various assets and a percentage of his future Reebok endorsement deal checks. He’ll pay up child support payments for the duo’s five kids.
On the bright side for Iverson, we’re told he scored the couple’s GA mansion (which is currently facing foreclosure … so not so bright) and gets to keep his primo ride, a Maybach, as well as other personal belongings.
The settlement comes after a brutal year-long fight between the former lovers … which included allegations of infidelity, hiding money, and petitions for restraining orders.
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here