For former NBA star Allen Iverson that rule also applies, but he didn’t adhere to it because when the smoke cleared his bank account took a $3 million hit to make his now ex-wife, Tawanna, ride off into the sunset.
We’re told Iverson and Tawanna — who married way back in 2001 — informed a judge last week they had reached a financial settlement outside of court in their ongoing divorce case … just days before the two were set to go to trial.
Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ … as part of the deal, the NBA legend agreed to pay Tawanna $3 million, paid out as a large lump sum. We’re told Iverson also agreed to fork over various assets and a percentage of his future Reebok endorsement deal checks. He’ll pay up child support payments for the duo’s five kids.
On the bright side for Iverson, we’re told he scored the couple’s GA mansion (which is currently facing foreclosure … so not so bright) and gets to keep his primo ride, a Maybach, as well as other personal belongings.
The settlement comes after a brutal year-long fight between the former lovers … which included allegations of infidelity, hiding money, and petitions for restraining orders.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here