*If you don’t succeed in one reality TV singing series (or get kicked off because of your rap sheet), who says you can’t just try another one?
“American Idol” season 11 semifinalist Jermaine Jones tweeted today that he intends to audition for NBC’s “The Voice.”
“Are you ready the #mainetrain is taking off again….. My audition is next month I need all your support,” the New Jersey native tweeted, posting an Instagram photo of “The Voice’s” logo.
“The Voice” audition in New York City is on Feb. 16. Additional tryouts that month are in Texas and Los Angeles.
Jones was famously eliminated from the Fox singing competition last year when it was revealed that he concealed “multiple crimes.” The 26-year-old was disqualified from the show when producers learned of the outstanding warrants, which included multiple charges of giving false names to Gloucester Township police. In July, he pleaded guilty to a charge that he gave the false name “Kareem Watkins” to New Jersey officers.
Although he faced a maximum six months in jail and a $1,000 fine, Jones was only fined $200, plus $30 in court costs and $125 in related penalties for the November 2011 offense.
Meanwhile, Jones has continued with his career, filming a movie, “The North Star,” with former Philadelphia Eagle Jeremiah Trotter in Bucks County, Pa., and joining up with his former “Idol” colleagues at an Idols Live tour stop in Philadelphia last summer.
He is currently filming a video for his iTunes single, “All Around The World,” which he released last month. His website is seeking donations to fund the project.
Below, Jones discusses his “American Idol” disqualification on “Showbiz Tonight.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here