*Songwriter, performer, producer and R&B icon Anita Baker will perform her hit single “Lately” on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” on Monday, February 4th, 2013 at 11:35pm E/P, marking the single’s television debut.
“Lately” was recently nominated for “Best Traditional R&B Performance,” the 16th such Grammy Award nomination of her career. Baker has won eight previous Grammys.
“Lately” is from Baker’s forthcoming album, Only Forever, due out 2013. The much-anticipated album will be her first in eight years, and the single “Lately” instantly became the biggest release of her career, debuting at #10 on Billboard’s Urban AC Chart – the highest single debut of anyone in 15 years.
The success of “Lately,” which hit #1 on Billboard’s Adult R&B chart and sat atop the Jazz chart for five consecutive weeks, also put Baker in the record books. With her latest #1, she surpassed Whitney Houston for the longest span of number-one hits. Houston’s record was 14 years; beginning with Baker’s first #1, 1994’s “Body & Soul” to 2005’s “How Does It Feel?” and up to “Lately,” she sets the new mark of 18 chart-topping years.
“Lately” was released digitally on August 7, 2012, and was produced by The Underdogs and executive-produced by Anita Baker and Don Was. Currently touring in support of Only Forever, Baker performed at Radio City Music Hall and sold out four shows in five days in late August, including the famed Hollywood Bowl.
Baker is an eight-time Grammy winner, with four platinum and two gold albums to her name. She shot to fame with her classic album Rapture, and experienced critical and commercial success with subsequent albums Giving You the Best I Got, Compositions, Rhythm of Love, and My Everything. She has also released a successful greatest hits (The Best of Anita Baker), holiday (Christmas Fantasy), and live album (A Night of Rapture: Live).
For more information, tour dates, and updates please visit and/or follow Anita Baker at:
Jay D. Schwartz / JDS
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here