Not only do we get persecuted at the pump more and more every day, but the waterways are taking a beating and we will reap the unfortunate results of that as well.
On Sunday, Vicksburg, Mississippi residents were put in the most immediate danger of their water being contaminated because of yet another oil spill in the Mississippi river, according to the Huffington Post.
An oil barge was damaged when it struck a railroad bridge in Vicksburg, but the damaged vessel is the least of the areas worries. The barge was carrying 80,000 gallons of oil which spilled into the Mississippi River and caused the waterways to be “closed for eight miles in each direction,” according to a report from the Coast Guard.
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here