Not only do we get persecuted at the pump more and more every day, but the waterways are taking a beating and we will reap the unfortunate results of that as well.
On Sunday, Vicksburg, Mississippi residents were put in the most immediate danger of their water being contaminated because of yet another oil spill in the Mississippi river, according to the Huffington Post.
An oil barge was damaged when it struck a railroad bridge in Vicksburg, but the damaged vessel is the least of the areas worries. The barge was carrying 80,000 gallons of oil which spilled into the Mississippi River and caused the waterways to be “closed for eight miles in each direction,” according to a report from the Coast Guard.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here