Not only do we get persecuted at the pump more and more every day, but the waterways are taking a beating and we will reap the unfortunate results of that as well.
On Sunday, Vicksburg, Mississippi residents were put in the most immediate danger of their water being contaminated because of yet another oil spill in the Mississippi river, according to the Huffington Post.
An oil barge was damaged when it struck a railroad bridge in Vicksburg, but the damaged vessel is the least of the areas worries. The barge was carrying 80,000 gallons of oil which spilled into the Mississippi River and caused the waterways to be “closed for eight miles in each direction,” according to a report from the Coast Guard.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here