Not only do we get persecuted at the pump more and more every day, but the waterways are taking a beating and we will reap the unfortunate results of that as well.
On Sunday, Vicksburg, Mississippi residents were put in the most immediate danger of their water being contaminated because of yet another oil spill in the Mississippi river, according to the Huffington Post.
An oil barge was damaged when it struck a railroad bridge in Vicksburg, but the damaged vessel is the least of the areas worries. The barge was carrying 80,000 gallons of oil which spilled into the Mississippi River and caused the waterways to be “closed for eight miles in each direction,” according to a report from the Coast Guard.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here