*Beyonce may be catching flack for possibly lip-synching the national anthem at the Obama inauguration, but she doesn’t have to worry ’cause her fans and numerous celebrities, including Milli Vanilli’s Fab Morvan, have got her back
When asked about the lip-sync scandal, the queen of soul Aretha Franklin said she laughed when she heard Beyonce hadn’t sung live. She thinks the whole ‘scandal’ is silly.
“When I heard the news this evening that she was pre-recorded I really laughed,” Franklin said in an interview ABC News. “I thought it was funny because the weather down there was about 46 or 44 degrees and for most singers that is just not good singing weather. When I heard that I just really cracked up. I thought it was really funny, but she did a beautiful job with the pre-record … next time I’ll probably do the same.”
If you recall, Franklin memorably sang “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” at President Obama’s first inaugural in 2009.
Asked about the “scandal” on “The Daily Show,” Jennifer Lopez said she understood situations in which singers opt to lip sync, and it was no big deal to her.
“Sometimes it happens when you are in certain stadiums and certain venues and things, they do pre-record stuff because you’re going to have that terrible slapback,” JLo told Jon Stewart.
Former “American Idol” judge Steven Tyler told TMZ the lip-syncing didn’t matter because, well, it’s Beyonce.
“Beyonce’s so hot she can do anything,” he said. “Let’s just get real.”
Meanwhile, others took to Twitter to come to Bey’s defense. Bravo host Andy Cohen and singer Myleene Klass were just some of the celebs commenting on the controversy.
“I don’t get what’s outrageous about lip-syncing to your OWN vocals?” Klass wrote. “Not exactly Milli Vanilli.”
And speaking of Milli Vanilli, Fab Morvan, the remaining member of the discraced lip-synching duo also gave TMZ his thoughts about the situation:
“It’s hard to believe, in this day of auto-tune, that people are still acting surprised [by Beyonce lip-syncing.]”
He adds, “Everyone knows Beyonce can sing. Everyone should just step back and relax. There are far more important things to worry about. But I can certainly relate to what she’s going through.”
Well, now that Milli Vanilli has spoken, we can officially move on from this “scandal” to the next.
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here