*Beyonce may be catching flack for possibly lip-synching the national anthem at the Obama inauguration, but she doesn’t have to worry ’cause her fans and numerous celebrities, including Milli Vanilli’s Fab Morvan, have got her back
When asked about the lip-sync scandal, the queen of soul Aretha Franklin said she laughed when she heard Beyonce hadn’t sung live. She thinks the whole ‘scandal’ is silly.
“When I heard the news this evening that she was pre-recorded I really laughed,” Franklin said in an interview ABC News. “I thought it was funny because the weather down there was about 46 or 44 degrees and for most singers that is just not good singing weather. When I heard that I just really cracked up. I thought it was really funny, but she did a beautiful job with the pre-record … next time I’ll probably do the same.”
If you recall, Franklin memorably sang “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” at President Obama’s first inaugural in 2009.
Asked about the “scandal” on “The Daily Show,” Jennifer Lopez said she understood situations in which singers opt to lip sync, and it was no big deal to her.
“Sometimes it happens when you are in certain stadiums and certain venues and things, they do pre-record stuff because you’re going to have that terrible slapback,” JLo told Jon Stewart.
Former “American Idol” judge Steven Tyler told TMZ the lip-syncing didn’t matter because, well, it’s Beyonce.
“Beyonce’s so hot she can do anything,” he said. “Let’s just get real.”
Meanwhile, others took to Twitter to come to Bey’s defense. Bravo host Andy Cohen and singer Myleene Klass were just some of the celebs commenting on the controversy.
“I don’t get what’s outrageous about lip-syncing to your OWN vocals?” Klass wrote. “Not exactly Milli Vanilli.”
And speaking of Milli Vanilli, Fab Morvan, the remaining member of the discraced lip-synching duo also gave TMZ his thoughts about the situation:
“It’s hard to believe, in this day of auto-tune, that people are still acting surprised [by Beyonce lip-syncing.]”
He adds, “Everyone knows Beyonce can sing. Everyone should just step back and relax. There are far more important things to worry about. But I can certainly relate to what she’s going through.”
Well, now that Milli Vanilli has spoken, we can officially move on from this “scandal” to the next.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here