*There are three women of color on “The Bachelor” this season, and one of them is already in the headlines because she literally fell on her head while trying to do a backflip.
Remember, ABC’s reality dating series was the target of a lawsuit from two African American men last year who claimed the show practiced racial discrimination. There has never been a black Bachelor or Bachelorette. Producers have thus far preferred to sprinkle what little diversity there is among the contestant pool.
Host Chris Harrison says this season features more diversity than in the past because Bachelor Sean Lowe wanted it that way.
“It was definitely done on purpose for our Bachelor. Sean has dated across the spectrum; that’s something that very much doesn’t matter to him and, in fact, he likes being diverse,” Harrison told TV Guide.
So enter Robyn Howard of Houston, one of the 26 women competing for Sean’s ultimate final rose. On Monday’s season premiere, Robyn thought she’d stand out from the pack by backflipping her way toward him from the limo.
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here