*There are three women of color on “The Bachelor” this season, and one of them is already in the headlines because she literally fell on her head while trying to do a backflip.
Remember, ABC’s reality dating series was the target of a lawsuit from two African American men last year who claimed the show practiced racial discrimination. There has never been a black Bachelor or Bachelorette. Producers have thus far preferred to sprinkle what little diversity there is among the contestant pool.
Host Chris Harrison says this season features more diversity than in the past because Bachelor Sean Lowe wanted it that way.
“It was definitely done on purpose for our Bachelor. Sean has dated across the spectrum; that’s something that very much doesn’t matter to him and, in fact, he likes being diverse,” Harrison told TV Guide.
So enter Robyn Howard of Houston, one of the 26 women competing for Sean’s ultimate final rose. On Monday’s season premiere, Robyn thought she’d stand out from the pack by backflipping her way toward him from the limo.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here