*There are three women of color on “The Bachelor” this season, and one of them is already in the headlines because she literally fell on her head while trying to do a backflip.
Remember, ABC’s reality dating series was the target of a lawsuit from two African American men last year who claimed the show practiced racial discrimination. There has never been a black Bachelor or Bachelorette. Producers have thus far preferred to sprinkle what little diversity there is among the contestant pool.
Host Chris Harrison says this season features more diversity than in the past because Bachelor Sean Lowe wanted it that way.
“It was definitely done on purpose for our Bachelor. Sean has dated across the spectrum; that’s something that very much doesn’t matter to him and, in fact, he likes being diverse,” Harrison told TV Guide.
So enter Robyn Howard of Houston, one of the 26 women competing for Sean’s ultimate final rose. On Monday’s season premiere, Robyn thought she’d stand out from the pack by backflipping her way toward him from the limo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here