*There are three women of color on “The Bachelor” this season, and one of them is already in the headlines because she literally fell on her head while trying to do a backflip.
Remember, ABC’s reality dating series was the target of a lawsuit from two African American men last year who claimed the show practiced racial discrimination. There has never been a black Bachelor or Bachelorette. Producers have thus far preferred to sprinkle what little diversity there is among the contestant pool.
Host Chris Harrison says this season features more diversity than in the past because Bachelor Sean Lowe wanted it that way.
“It was definitely done on purpose for our Bachelor. Sean has dated across the spectrum; that’s something that very much doesn’t matter to him and, in fact, he likes being diverse,” Harrison told TV Guide.
So enter Robyn Howard of Houston, one of the 26 women competing for Sean’s ultimate final rose. On Monday’s season premiere, Robyn thought she’d stand out from the pack by backflipping her way toward him from the limo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here