The comedian/actor/entrepreneur is set to premiere his very first fake scripted reality show, “The Real Husbands of Hollywood.”
Also starring Dwayne Martin, Nick Cannon, Boris Kodjoe, J.B. Smoove, and Robin Thicke, the hilarious concept is anticipated to bring BET to a whole ‘notha level.
“After we did the sketch [BET] received emails and tweets of people asking, ‘Was it real? Is this going to be a series?’ People were just in love with the overall idea of it,” Kevin explained to Essence on how the show came together. “At the time I didn’t feel like it could be a show because, as I said, it was just a sketch, and after a while that sketch is eventually gonna get old, you know? But I discussed it with my writing partners and we said, ‘You know, we probably could pull it off. We would have to make this a fake reality show.’”
Check out the full interview at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here