While she came up just short of the crown in the 2012 gospel competition, the 19-year-old singer/songwriter is still a winner. She has been signed by Music World Gospel, where she has just completed recording her first album, L.O.L.: Living Out Loud, which will be released on March 12, 2013. She has a newly released single, “Imagine Me,” her take on a song by “Sunday Best” host Kirk Franklin, which she performed on the show. “It’s a song that applies to my life in all areas because it’s about being comfortable and confident in who I am and who God made me to be,” she says. “I grew up listening to and admiring Kirk Franklin. To sing that song in front of him was an honor. ”
Alexis describes her experience on “Sunday Best” as “amazing” and “surreal” from beginning to end. “I remember getting in line and seeing 2,000 people ahead of me and getting very discouraged.” However, Alexis made it to the Top 20 out of 15,000 who auditioned for the show and then survived the competition to the final, where she was first runner-up. “Even though I didn’t win, I thank God for the platform that it provided, it really opened doors for me,” she says. “I’m so grateful for the relationships and tutelage I received on the show. To be mentored and judged by people of such great stature was very, very humbling.” She is also thankful for Joshua Rogers, the 18-year-old contestant who claimed the number one spot in the competition. “Josh is my brother until the wheels fall off of everything,” she says. “It’s great to know that there are other young people who love God as much as I do.”
Alexis is looking ahead to a busy schedule and bright future in gospel music. She recently came under the management of Greg “Uncle G” Lyons’ Uncle G Promotions and Entertainment.She is also looking forward to the release of her next single and video, “Steady,” a song she wrote that she describes as a prayer to keep her grounded and in His will, when the world is pulling her in different directions. She says the song’s upbeat tempo and “go go beat” will bless all kinds of people.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here