*Beyoncé has been chosen to belt the National Anthem during President Obama’s second inauguration on January 21 in Washington.
According to USA Today, Beyoncé will take the stage at the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, and will be joined by Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor during the event.
Clarkson will sing “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” which soul icon Aretha Franklin memorably sang at Obama’s first inauguration while wearing an oversized hat. Taylor has been tapped to sing “America the Beautiful.”
More announcements about the entertainment for the more low-key second inauguration will be announced in the upcoming days.
Beyoncé’s sang the Etta James classic “At Last” for the Obamas’ first dance during the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball at the 2009 inauguration. An estimated 1.8 million people packed the National Mall to watch the first inauguration, but in light of the tough economic times, the second celebration will be smaller, with only two official balls.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here