*Beyoncé has been chosen to belt the National Anthem during President Obama’s second inauguration on January 21 in Washington.
According to USA Today, Beyoncé will take the stage at the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, and will be joined by Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor during the event.
Clarkson will sing “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” which soul icon Aretha Franklin memorably sang at Obama’s first inauguration while wearing an oversized hat. Taylor has been tapped to sing “America the Beautiful.”
More announcements about the entertainment for the more low-key second inauguration will be announced in the upcoming days.
Beyoncé’s sang the Etta James classic “At Last” for the Obamas’ first dance during the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball at the 2009 inauguration. An estimated 1.8 million people packed the National Mall to watch the first inauguration, but in light of the tough economic times, the second celebration will be smaller, with only two official balls.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here