*Beyoncé has been chosen to belt the National Anthem during President Obama’s second inauguration on January 21 in Washington.
According to USA Today, Beyoncé will take the stage at the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, and will be joined by Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor during the event.
Clarkson will sing “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” which soul icon Aretha Franklin memorably sang at Obama’s first inauguration while wearing an oversized hat. Taylor has been tapped to sing “America the Beautiful.”
More announcements about the entertainment for the more low-key second inauguration will be announced in the upcoming days.
Beyoncé’s sang the Etta James classic “At Last” for the Obamas’ first dance during the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball at the 2009 inauguration. An estimated 1.8 million people packed the National Mall to watch the first inauguration, but in light of the tough economic times, the second celebration will be smaller, with only two official balls.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here