*Beyoncé has been chosen to belt the National Anthem during President Obama’s second inauguration on January 21 in Washington.
According to USA Today, Beyoncé will take the stage at the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, and will be joined by Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor during the event.
Clarkson will sing “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” which soul icon Aretha Franklin memorably sang at Obama’s first inauguration while wearing an oversized hat. Taylor has been tapped to sing “America the Beautiful.”
More announcements about the entertainment for the more low-key second inauguration will be announced in the upcoming days.
Beyoncé’s sang the Etta James classic “At Last” for the Obamas’ first dance during the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball at the 2009 inauguration. An estimated 1.8 million people packed the National Mall to watch the first inauguration, but in light of the tough economic times, the second celebration will be smaller, with only two official balls.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here