*Beyoncé has been chosen to belt the National Anthem during President Obama’s second inauguration on January 21 in Washington.
According to USA Today, Beyoncé will take the stage at the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, and will be joined by Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor during the event.
Clarkson will sing “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” which soul icon Aretha Franklin memorably sang at Obama’s first inauguration while wearing an oversized hat. Taylor has been tapped to sing “America the Beautiful.”
More announcements about the entertainment for the more low-key second inauguration will be announced in the upcoming days.
Beyoncé’s sang the Etta James classic “At Last” for the Obamas’ first dance during the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball at the 2009 inauguration. An estimated 1.8 million people packed the National Mall to watch the first inauguration, but in light of the tough economic times, the second celebration will be smaller, with only two official balls.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here