*Beyonce has revealed that she has been working with crew of hip-hop heavyweights on her forthcoming new album.
“I’ve been working with Pharrell and Timbaland and Justin Timberlake and Dream,” she told GQ. “We all started in the ’90s, when R&B was the most important genre, and we all kind of want that back: the feeling that music gave us.”
When asked about the influences on the the follow-up to 2011’s ‘4’, she said: “Mostly R&B. I always have my Prince and rock/soul influences. There’s a bit of D’Angelo, some ’60s doo-wop. And Aretha and Diana Ross.”
As previously reported, Beyonce confirmed Thursday that Destiny’s Child will release their first new material in eight years later this month.
The band disbanded in 2006 to pursue their various solo careers, but Beyonce posted a message on Facebook yesterday saying: “I am so proud to announce the first original Destiny’s Child music in eight years!”
A link leads fans to a pre-order page for an album titled ‘Love Songs’, due for release on January 29. One new song, titled ‘Nuclear’, will feature on the album. The new track is produced by Pharrell Williams. You can see a full tracklisting for the album below.
Destiny’s Child – ‘Love Songs’:
1. ‘Cater 2 U’
2. ‘Killing Time’
3. ‘Second Nature’
5. ‘Now That She’s Gone’
6. ‘Brown Eyes’
9. ‘If You Leave’ (feat Next)
12. ‘Say My Name’ (Timbaland Remix)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here