*After posting a photo of himself and his 4-year-old granddaughter in the bathtub, Chicago Bishop Larry Trotter has been slammed with loads of criticism and outrage.
He and the little girl appear to be shirtless, but very happy in the photo. However, observers say bathing with a little girl looks pretty bad and pedophilic.
Javon Trotter, the mother of the girl, spoke out in response to the public’s outrage, saying she’s standing behind her father and is in disbelief about the way people have reacted.
“I’m upset, I’m hurt I can’t believe that people would re-post the picture of my innocent baby and say bad things about my father who loves my baby and all kids,” she told theGrio. “He would never do anything to harm them. It’s hurtful for my whole family.”
Social media has been the platform of commentary and criticism since the picture went viral, calling him a pervert and pedophile.
Javon attempted to clarify the incident saying her father was in the whirlpool Jacuzzi in the bathroom when the granddaughter walked in and asked her mother if she could join him. She then said her father and daughter put on swim trunks before getting in the water. Javon says she was present for the few minutes her daughter was in the water.
“I don’t understand – it doesn’t look bad. I would [have] never thought he would do anything [inappropriate],” she contends. “I don’t know why people would think this way. I know my father and he would never do anything to his kids.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here