The Celtics announced Rondo’s injury during Sunday’s 100-98 double-overtime victory against the Miami Heat, stating that the four-time All-Star will undergo surgery.
The initial report on Rondo was a hyperextended knee, but tests showed the ACL tear, an injury that usually takes up to a year for recovery. A date for the surgery had not been scheduled as of Sunday afternoon, said team spokesman Brian Olive, who confirmed that Rondo’s season is finished.
“Obviously the Rondo news is tough,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said after the game. “I knew before the game, but I didn’t tell anyone. Obviously it was pretty emotional.”
Get more details at ESPN Boston.
Watch this video report on Rondo’s season ending injury:
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here