The Celtics announced Rondo’s injury during Sunday’s 100-98 double-overtime victory against the Miami Heat, stating that the four-time All-Star will undergo surgery.
The initial report on Rondo was a hyperextended knee, but tests showed the ACL tear, an injury that usually takes up to a year for recovery. A date for the surgery had not been scheduled as of Sunday afternoon, said team spokesman Brian Olive, who confirmed that Rondo’s season is finished.
“Obviously the Rondo news is tough,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said after the game. “I knew before the game, but I didn’t tell anyone. Obviously it was pretty emotional.”
Get more details at ESPN Boston.
Watch this video report on Rondo’s season ending injury:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here