*Chaka Khan and Halle Berry were among those getting the royal treatment at the 2013 BET Honors ceremony, held Saturday in Washington DC.
The Oscar winner was praised for her charity work with domestic violence victims at Los Angeles’ Jenesse Center, and she used her acceptance speech to call on women to speak up about problems at home.
“Many women don’t speak out and they don’t seek help,” she said. “By honoring the work we’re doing at the Jenesse Center, maybe it will encourage others to stand up and be strong and face the reality of what’s happening to them – and have the courage to make a change.”
Khan was celebrated for her career achievements, while fellow honorees included music executive Clarence Avant, WNBA Lisa Leslie and pastor T.D. Jakes.
The annual ceremony was hosted by actress Gabrielle Union and also featured music from Brandy and Erykah Badu.
The ceremony is scheduled to air Feb. 11 on BET. View more pics below.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here