When co-host Kenny Smith asked the former NBA star to name his favorite president. You already knew it was going to be a hot mess and he probably did too.
In response, Charles gave his answer: “I love President Obama, but Abe Lincoln is my new favorite president,” Barkley said. “You know why? Because if it weren’t for him, we’d be calling Ernie (Johnson) ‘boss.'”
To help smooth over the awkward moment, Kenny and Shaq attempted to change the subject only for good ol’ Charles to come in and call him “Boss.”
Viewers responded via Twitter, some with disappointment and others with amusement”
“@bennyboy314 Ben Manning Charles Barkley’s slavery joke was very solid. Hahaha.”
“@SteveLindsayCBS Steve Lindsay Charles Barkley makes a joke about slavery on national tv. Never a good idea.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here