When co-host Kenny Smith asked the former NBA star to name his favorite president. You already knew it was going to be a hot mess and he probably did too.
In response, Charles gave his answer: “I love President Obama, but Abe Lincoln is my new favorite president,” Barkley said. “You know why? Because if it weren’t for him, we’d be calling Ernie (Johnson) ‘boss.'”
To help smooth over the awkward moment, Kenny and Shaq attempted to change the subject only for good ol’ Charles to come in and call him “Boss.”
Viewers responded via Twitter, some with disappointment and others with amusement”
[email protected] Ben Manning Charles Barkley’s slavery joke was very solid. Hahaha.”
[email protected] Steve Lindsay Charles Barkley makes a joke about slavery on national tv. Never a good idea.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here