When co-host Kenny Smith asked the former NBA star to name his favorite president. You already knew it was going to be a hot mess and he probably did too.
In response, Charles gave his answer: “I love President Obama, but Abe Lincoln is my new favorite president,” Barkley said. “You know why? Because if it weren’t for him, we’d be calling Ernie (Johnson) ‘boss.'”
To help smooth over the awkward moment, Kenny and Shaq attempted to change the subject only for good ol’ Charles to come in and call him “Boss.”
Viewers responded via Twitter, some with disappointment and others with amusement”
“@bennyboy314 Ben Manning Charles Barkley’s slavery joke was very solid. Hahaha.”
“@SteveLindsayCBS Steve Lindsay Charles Barkley makes a joke about slavery on national tv. Never a good idea.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here