When co-host Kenny Smith asked the former NBA star to name his favorite president. You already knew it was going to be a hot mess and he probably did too.
In response, Charles gave his answer: “I love President Obama, but Abe Lincoln is my new favorite president,” Barkley said. “You know why? Because if it weren’t for him, we’d be calling Ernie (Johnson) ‘boss.'”
To help smooth over the awkward moment, Kenny and Shaq attempted to change the subject only for good ol’ Charles to come in and call him “Boss.”
Viewers responded via Twitter, some with disappointment and others with amusement”
[email protected] Ben Manning Charles Barkley’s slavery joke was very solid. Hahaha.”
[email protected] Steve Lindsay Charles Barkley makes a joke about slavery on national tv. Never a good idea.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here