*Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago’s year-long journey hit a high point at the 28th Annual Stellar Gospel Music Awards with five wins, including Song of the Year, CD of the Year, Choir of the Year, Traditional Choir of the Year and Recorded Music Package of the Year. The Stellar Gospel Music Awards aired live on GMC from the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN with subsequent airings to follow. The award show will also air in syndication on 150 stations in over 125 markets across the country, January 24 through March 3.
“It was a stellar weekend,” said Jenkins. “They could not have given me enough time on stage to thank everyone who contributed to our success.”
Immediately following the Stellar Awards, Jenkins headed to Washington, DC to participate in a series of Presidential Inauguration activities, including a performance at the African American Church Inaugural Ball “Keepers of the Flame,” to commemorate the second term of President Barack H. Obama. Jenkins performed “Awesome” and joined a list of distinguished guests.
Jenkins delivered a prayer at the National Prayer Service at the National Cathedral in Washington, DC.
“It is an amazing honor to participate in such a significant moment in history as the celebration of the life of Dr. Martin Luther King as it is divinely aligned with the Inauguration of our President—it has truly been a once in a lifetime experience,” says Jenkins.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here