*Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago’s year-long journey hit a high point at the 28th Annual Stellar Gospel Music Awards with five wins, including Song of the Year, CD of the Year, Choir of the Year, Traditional Choir of the Year and Recorded Music Package of the Year. The Stellar Gospel Music Awards aired live on GMC from the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN with subsequent airings to follow. The award show will also air in syndication on 150 stations in over 125 markets across the country, January 24 through March 3.
“It was a stellar weekend,” said Jenkins. “They could not have given me enough time on stage to thank everyone who contributed to our success.”
Immediately following the Stellar Awards, Jenkins headed to Washington, DC to participate in a series of Presidential Inauguration activities, including a performance at the African American Church Inaugural Ball “Keepers of the Flame,” to commemorate the second term of President Barack H. Obama. Jenkins performed “Awesome” and joined a list of distinguished guests.
Jenkins delivered a prayer at the National Prayer Service at the National Cathedral in Washington, DC.
“It is an amazing honor to participate in such a significant moment in history as the celebration of the life of Dr. Martin Luther King as it is divinely aligned with the Inauguration of our President—it has truly been a once in a lifetime experience,” says Jenkins.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here