*Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago’s year-long journey hit a high point at the 28th Annual Stellar Gospel Music Awards with five wins, including Song of the Year, CD of the Year, Choir of the Year, Traditional Choir of the Year and Recorded Music Package of the Year. The Stellar Gospel Music Awards aired live on GMC from the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN with subsequent airings to follow. The award show will also air in syndication on 150 stations in over 125 markets across the country, January 24 through March 3.
“It was a stellar weekend,” said Jenkins. “They could not have given me enough time on stage to thank everyone who contributed to our success.”
Immediately following the Stellar Awards, Jenkins headed to Washington, DC to participate in a series of Presidential Inauguration activities, including a performance at the African American Church Inaugural Ball “Keepers of the Flame,” to commemorate the second term of President Barack H. Obama. Jenkins performed “Awesome” and joined a list of distinguished guests.
Jenkins delivered a prayer at the National Prayer Service at the National Cathedral in Washington, DC.
“It is an amazing honor to participate in such a significant moment in history as the celebration of the life of Dr. Martin Luther King as it is divinely aligned with the Inauguration of our President—it has truly been a once in a lifetime experience,” says Jenkins.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here