Asked during her interview with Oprah Winfrey whether it would have bothered her if the longtime rumors were true, the deeply-religious 79-year-old said, “Absolutely.”
Winfrey, who interviewed Cissy for a special Monday episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” continued to press the issue, saying, “You would not have liked that?”, and the stern matriarch simply responded, “No.”
Whitney was dogged by rumors about her sexuality during the 1980s, when she was suspected of dating her personal assistant Robyn Crawford. She eventually married Bobby Brown, temporarily silencing the reports, but her mother Cissy insists to this day she still has no idea if her daughter was bisexual. [Scroll down to watch.]
In the same interview, Whitney’s brother Michael Houston confirmed claims made by his mother in her new book Remembering Whitney that he introduced his late sister to drugs.
Michael told Oprah that he started experimenting with cocaine and crack in the 80s and his younger sister followed his lead.
Quoting a passage from Cissy’s book, Oprah said: ”Your mother writes in her book that you were doing drugs with your sister. You mother writes, ‘I was shocked and confused, I didn’t understand it then and I still don’t.’ How does it feel to hear your mother say that?”
Michael replied: ”It’s painful, I feel responsible for it, I let it go so far. We were together most of the time, with her following behind me. I taught her to drive, we played together, everything you do together growing up. And then when you get into drugs you do that together to and it just got of hand, you know? This drug (cocaine) is rough.”
Whitney Houston died in February 2012 as a result of accidental drowning and the “effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use.”
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here