Asked during her interview with Oprah Winfrey whether it would have bothered her if the longtime rumors were true, the deeply-religious 79-year-old said, “Absolutely.”
Winfrey, who interviewed Cissy for a special Monday episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” continued to press the issue, saying, “You would not have liked that?”, and the stern matriarch simply responded, “No.”
Whitney was dogged by rumors about her sexuality during the 1980s, when she was suspected of dating her personal assistant Robyn Crawford. She eventually married Bobby Brown, temporarily silencing the reports, but her mother Cissy insists to this day she still has no idea if her daughter was bisexual. [Scroll down to watch.]
In the same interview, Whitney’s brother Michael Houston confirmed claims made by his mother in her new book Remembering Whitney that he introduced his late sister to drugs.
Michael told Oprah that he started experimenting with cocaine and crack in the 80s and his younger sister followed his lead.
Quoting a passage from Cissy’s book, Oprah said: ”Your mother writes in her book that you were doing drugs with your sister. You mother writes, ‘I was shocked and confused, I didn’t understand it then and I still don’t.’ How does it feel to hear your mother say that?”
Michael replied: ”It’s painful, I feel responsible for it, I let it go so far. We were together most of the time, with her following behind me. I taught her to drive, we played together, everything you do together growing up. And then when you get into drugs you do that together to and it just got of hand, you know? This drug (cocaine) is rough.”
Whitney Houston died in February 2012 as a result of accidental drowning and the “effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here