*President Barack Obama‘s second Inauguration Day was a good day for CNN but all three cable news networks saw viewership drop from his first swearing in four years ago.
On new boss Jeff Zucker’s first day on the job, CNN soundly beat out its rivals in viewership and among the Adult 25-54 demographic. During the 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. block when the President took the oath of office on the Capitol steps and gave his Inaugural address, CNN pulled in 3.136 million viewers with 1.107 million in the 25-54 demo, according to Nielsen Fast Nationals. That’s more than double the 1.316 million total viewers and 294,000 in the 25-54 that Fox News Channel got.
CNN also topped MSNBC’s 2.273 million total viewers and 706,000 among Adults 25-54.
In primetime Monday night, CNN got 3.573 million total viewers with 1.266 million in the Adults 25-54. Fox News pulled 1.666 million total viewers and 254,000 among the 25-54 between 8 and 11 p.m. MSNBC had 1.365 million total viewers, with 456,000 among Adults 25-54. All of which means CNN beat FNC and MSNC combined among the key 25-53 demo.
Overall, all three news networks saw their viewership during the 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. slot drop by nearly 10 million from 2009. Those prime time numbers among the 24-54 are down significantly too for all three cable news networks from Obama’s first Inaugural four years ago. In 2009, CNN was in the top position with FNC in second and MSNBC in third among the key demo.
Final network viewership numbers are expected later today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here