*CNN is now reporting that it has confirmation with “an inaugural source” that Beyonce did in fact lip-sync her performance of the National Anthem at the 2013 Inauguration Ceremony.
The Wall Street Journal and Slate magazine insist that the superstar did sing, but used a pre-record to bolster her vocals. However, an unnamed official told CNN: “She did not sing live,” adding that Beyonce made the choice to lip-sync over a pre-record on Sunday night. “Because she didn’t have time to rehearse with the Marine Band, she decided to use her recording with the Marine Band.”
Her vocals were recorded separately, and the Marine Band added their instrumentals later. This decision puzzled the official because during the pre-record the singer was “spot on.”
The Marine Band initially claimed that Beyonce lip-synced her performance, but then backed off the statement. Despite the “scandal,” Beyonce reportedly saw no issue with using the pre-record.
“She didn’t think there was anything wrong with it,” a source told Us Weekly. “Pavarotti has done it! It was freezing out, and if she messed up just one note, that would have been the story.” Adding, “Everybody uses these tracks, and the music director advised it. Any big outdoor live performance is almost always with some kind of track.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here