*CNN is now reporting that it has confirmation with “an inaugural source” that Beyonce did in fact lip-sync her performance of the National Anthem at the 2013 Inauguration Ceremony.
The Wall Street Journal and Slate magazine insist that the superstar did sing, but used a pre-record to bolster her vocals. However, an unnamed official told CNN: “She did not sing live,” adding that Beyonce made the choice to lip-sync over a pre-record on Sunday night. “Because she didn’t have time to rehearse with the Marine Band, she decided to use her recording with the Marine Band.”
Her vocals were recorded separately, and the Marine Band added their instrumentals later. This decision puzzled the official because during the pre-record the singer was “spot on.”
The Marine Band initially claimed that Beyonce lip-synced her performance, but then backed off the statement. Despite the “scandal,” Beyonce reportedly saw no issue with using the pre-record.
“She didn’t think there was anything wrong with it,” a source told Us Weekly. “Pavarotti has done it! It was freezing out, and if she messed up just one note, that would have been the story.” Adding, “Everybody uses these tracks, and the music director advised it. Any big outdoor live performance is almost always with some kind of track.”
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here