*CNN is now reporting that it has confirmation with “an inaugural source” that Beyonce did in fact lip-sync her performance of the National Anthem at the 2013 Inauguration Ceremony.
The Wall Street Journal and Slate magazine insist that the superstar did sing, but used a pre-record to bolster her vocals. However, an unnamed official told CNN: “She did not sing live,” adding that Beyonce made the choice to lip-sync over a pre-record on Sunday night. “Because she didn’t have time to rehearse with the Marine Band, she decided to use her recording with the Marine Band.”
Her vocals were recorded separately, and the Marine Band added their instrumentals later. This decision puzzled the official because during the pre-record the singer was “spot on.”
The Marine Band initially claimed that Beyonce lip-synced her performance, but then backed off the statement. Despite the “scandal,” Beyonce reportedly saw no issue with using the pre-record.
“She didn’t think there was anything wrong with it,” a source told Us Weekly. “Pavarotti has done it! It was freezing out, and if she messed up just one note, that would have been the story.” Adding, “Everybody uses these tracks, and the music director advised it. Any big outdoor live performance is almost always with some kind of track.”
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here