*Chris Brown became the latest victim of “celebrity swatting”bafter cops rushed to his house Monday in response to an emergency call that turned out to be a hoax.
According to the Los Angeles Times, cops received a call before 5 p.m. alerting them to an alleged domestic-violence incident at the singer’s L.A. home and claiming that the caller’s mom may have also been shot. But cops found no such disturbance when they arrived at the house, where they were greeted by members of Brown’s staff.
Although Brown himself reportedly wasn’t home, his parents arrived shortly afterward as police investigated the premises.
Brown now joins a slew of A-list celebs who’ve recently been targeted by celebrity swatting, including Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber. Last month, authorities arrested an unidentified juvenile whom they believe masterminded several of the hoaxes.
Meanwhile, Brown and Rihanna continued to fuel chatter about their cryptic relationship when the two were spotted canoodling at a West Hollywood hot spot on Friday.
The pair hit up Emerson Theatre, where they had a table and also hung out with friend Wiz Khalifa. An eyewitness tells E! News that Chrhianna were far from shy about being affectionate, as Brown had his arm around her while they chatted with friends at Khalifa’s table. The twosome were reportedly in a great mood and stayed all night, leaving shortly before 2 a.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here