They got into a tussle when he objected to her going out late at night to a party.
Well, it’s been dismissed according to Fayette County State Court Solicitor Jamie K. Inagawa
Dollar, one of the best-known adherents of a prosperity gospel, recently completed a three-month, pre-trial intervention program that allowed him to avoid court. He was required to enroll in an anger management program, report to a probation officer and pay $1,072 in court fees, the solicitor said.
The pastor of World Changers Church International has no history of such incidents, and the victim, Dollar’s 15-year-old daughter, didn’t want to see him charged, Inagawa said. The program was used in 128 cases last year, he said.
“Those are among a number of factors we considered,” the solicitors aid.
Fayette County sheriff’s deputies responded to the Dollars’ home June 8 after his daughter told a 911 operator he had punched and choked her.
“It was not the first time it’s happened, ” the girl, whose name is being withheld because she is a minor, said in an audio recording of the 911 call.
For more of this story, go to AJC.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here