*Well lookie here. ‘Django Unchained,’ the Quentin Tarantino film that has been causing a lot of ‘stuff’ since its release, and even before, is amongst the films’ given top honors recently by the Producers Guild of America. A “Best Picture” nomination was bestowed upon the slave-turned-bounty-hunter film on Wednesday.
Other ‘best picture’ contenders include the Osama bin Laden thriller “Zero Dark Thirty,” The Civil War saga “Lincoln,” and the musical “Les Miserables.” the low-budget critical favorite “Beasts of the Southern Wild” and the lost-souls romance “Silver Linings Playbook.” Along with honors from other Hollywoodprofessional groups such as actors, directors and writers guilds, the producer prizes help sort out contenders for the Academy Awards. Those nominations come out Jan. 10. The guild, an association of Hollywood producers, hands out its 24th annual prizes Jan. 26. The big winner often goes on to claim the best-picture honor
at the Oscars, which follow on Feb. 24.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here