*Well lookie here. ‘Django Unchained,’ the Quentin Tarantino film that has been causing a lot of ‘stuff’ since its release, and even before, is amongst the films’ given top honors recently by the Producers Guild of America. A “Best Picture” nomination was bestowed upon the slave-turned-bounty-hunter film on Wednesday.
Other ‘best picture’ contenders include the Osama bin Laden thriller “Zero Dark Thirty,” The Civil War saga “Lincoln,” and the musical “Les Miserables.” the low-budget critical favorite “Beasts of the Southern Wild” and the lost-souls romance “Silver Linings Playbook.” Along with honors from other Hollywoodprofessional groups such as actors, directors and writers guilds, the producer prizes help sort out contenders for the Academy Awards. Those nominations come out Jan. 10. The guild, an association of Hollywood producers, hands out its 24th annual prizes Jan. 26. The big winner often goes on to claim the best-picture honor
at the Oscars, which follow on Feb. 24.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here