*Well lookie here. ‘Django Unchained,’ the Quentin Tarantino film that has been causing a lot of ‘stuff’ since its release, and even before, is amongst the films’ given top honors recently by the Producers Guild of America. A “Best Picture” nomination was bestowed upon the slave-turned-bounty-hunter film on Wednesday.
Other ‘best picture’ contenders include the Osama bin Laden thriller “Zero Dark Thirty,” The Civil War saga “Lincoln,” and the musical “Les Miserables.” the low-budget critical favorite “Beasts of the Southern Wild” and the lost-souls romance “Silver Linings Playbook.” Along with honors from other Hollywoodprofessional groups such as actors, directors and writers guilds, the producer prizes help sort out contenders for the Academy Awards. Those nominations come out Jan. 10. The guild, an association of Hollywood producers, hands out its 24th annual prizes Jan. 26. The big winner often goes on to claim the best-picture honor
at the Oscars, which follow on Feb. 24.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Kardashian Friend Malika Haqq Apologizes for DUI Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here