*Well lookie here. ‘Django Unchained,’ the Quentin Tarantino film that has been causing a lot of ‘stuff’ since its release, and even before, is amongst the films’ given top honors recently by the Producers Guild of America. A “Best Picture” nomination was bestowed upon the slave-turned-bounty-hunter film on Wednesday.
Other ‘best picture’ contenders include the Osama bin Laden thriller “Zero Dark Thirty,” The Civil War saga “Lincoln,” and the musical “Les Miserables.” the low-budget critical favorite “Beasts of the Southern Wild” and the lost-souls romance “Silver Linings Playbook.” Along with honors from other Hollywoodprofessional groups such as actors, directors and writers guilds, the producer prizes help sort out contenders for the Academy Awards. Those nominations come out Jan. 10. The guild, an association of Hollywood producers, hands out its 24th annual prizes Jan. 26. The big winner often goes on to claim the best-picture honor
at the Oscars, which follow on Feb. 24.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here