*Well lookie here. ‘Django Unchained,’ the Quentin Tarantino film that has been causing a lot of ‘stuff’ since its release, and even before, is amongst the films’ given top honors recently by the Producers Guild of America. A “Best Picture” nomination was bestowed upon the slave-turned-bounty-hunter film on Wednesday.
Other ‘best picture’ contenders include the Osama bin Laden thriller “Zero Dark Thirty,” The Civil War saga “Lincoln,” and the musical “Les Miserables.” the low-budget critical favorite “Beasts of the Southern Wild” and the lost-souls romance “Silver Linings Playbook.” Along with honors from other Hollywoodprofessional groups such as actors, directors and writers guilds, the producer prizes help sort out contenders for the Academy Awards. Those nominations come out Jan. 10. The guild, an association of Hollywood producers, hands out its 24th annual prizes Jan. 26. The big winner often goes on to claim the best-picture honor
at the Oscars, which follow on Feb. 24.
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here