The controversial Quentin Tarantino flick has already made a whole lot of money, but only came in No. 2 this past weekend to “Texas Chainsaw 3-D,” which debuted at No. 1 with $23 million.
“Chainsaw” surprised a lot of pundits with its strong box office showing because it was almost universally panned by critics.
Jamie Foxx and his lovely “Django Unchained” cast mates have brought in a total of $106.4 million since its release on Christmas Day. It could easily top $200 million before it’s all over.
Other popular films included “The Hobbit,” which garnered $263.8 million after three weeks in the States. Its international earnings boasted $561 million. “Les Miserables” closed the weekend out at No. 4 but earning an overall $103.6 million since being released.
Check out all of the totals for sales between Friday and Sunday in both the U.S. and Canada below.
1. “Texas Chainsaw 3-D,” $23 million.
2. “Django Unchained,” $20.1 million.
3. “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” $17.5 million ($57.1 million international).
4. “Les Miserables,” $16.1 million ($14.5 million international).
5. “Parental Guidance,” $10.1 million.
6. “Jack Reacher,” $9.3 million ($22.3 million international).
7. “This Is 40,” $8.6 million.
8. “Lincoln,” $5.3 million.
9. “The Guilt Trip,” $4.5 million.
10. “Promised Land,” $4.3 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here