In an interview posted on YouTube, the activist and comedian professed that the movie was liberating and that if anyone has made films that have disrespected African ancestors, it’s gotta be him.
“I’ve seen ‘Django Unchained’ 12 times. Never in the history of Hollywood, have they ever made anything that freed the inside of me. The inside of me,” he declared. “I’m 80 years old, I saw cowboy movies, wasn’t no black folks in cowboy movies. I’m looking at a western, plus a love story. To those of you all that see it, you’ll never see a love story about a black man and a black woman where it wasn’t some foul sex and foul language, huh. And Spike Lee can’t appreciate that. The little thug ain’t even seen the movie; he’s acting like he white.”
He concluded that Spike’s spite for the film he claims he’ll never see, is something personal. And then he got really real.
“And all them black entertainers that know Spike Lee, how you gone attack this man and don’t be attacking them … and then say everyone’s a fool but me. [Talking about] ‘it offended my ancestors,’ but when you did ‘She’s Got To Have It’ and some of those other thug movies you did … you took Malcolm X and put a Zoot suit on him … did that offend your ancestors, punk?”
Ain’t no commentary like Dick Gregory commentary.
Listen to the interview:
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. to Ronda Rousey: ‘Big Bank Take Little Bank’
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here