*It looks like the protest/boycott of the “Django Unchained” action figures by Najee Ali and other African American protestors, worked.
The “slave dolls” as they came to known, have been have officially been DISCONTINUED, reports TMZ.
Sources connected to the toy production tell us … shortly after advocacy groups like Al Sharpton’s National Action Network and Project Islamic Hope spoke out against the figurines … the Weinstein Company (which produced the film) reached out to the toy company and told them to put the kibosh on the toy line ASAP.
We’re told the toy company agreed, insisting they never intended to offend anyone … and halted production immediately.
Sources tell us … the toymakers only released somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 dolls before shutting down production.
TMZ say they reached out to the Weinstein Company for comment, but so far no word back. However, earlier this week they spoke to “Django” co-star Christoph Waltz in Hollywood and it sounds like the cast has already learned the fate of the action figures:
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here