*It looks like the protest/boycott of the “Django Unchained” action figures by Najee Ali and other African American protestors, worked.
The “slave dolls” as they came to known, have been have officially been DISCONTINUED, reports TMZ.
Sources connected to the toy production tell us … shortly after advocacy groups like Al Sharpton’s National Action Network and Project Islamic Hope spoke out against the figurines … the Weinstein Company (which produced the film) reached out to the toy company and told them to put the kibosh on the toy line ASAP.
We’re told the toy company agreed, insisting they never intended to offend anyone … and halted production immediately.
Sources tell us … the toymakers only released somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 dolls before shutting down production.
TMZ say they reached out to the Weinstein Company for comment, but so far no word back. However, earlier this week they spoke to “Django” co-star Christoph Waltz in Hollywood and it sounds like the cast has already learned the fate of the action figures:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here